Odisha Balaram Yojana – The Government of Odisha state has again come up with a new welfare scheme for farmers known as Balaram Yojana. Landless sharecroppers and farmers will get financial and credit support with the help of this scheme. As it will improve the financial condition of these landless farmers. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to Odisha Balaram Yojana 2023 such as objective eligibility criteria, important documents, and benefits. Also, we will share with you all the step-by-step application procedures to apply under the same scheme.
Table of Contents
Balaram Yojana Odisha
A new scheme has been launched by the government of Odisha state in order to provide agriculture credit to landless farmers who are jobless after the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic. Under the scheme, the agriculture credit of Rs. 1,040 crores will be provided to around 700000 farmers of the state in order to improve their financial condition. Balaram Yojana has been launched to cope up with the situation of the global pandemic. The credit facilities will be provided to the landless farmers so that they should move out from the economic side back due to covid-19.
- The main objective of launching this scheme is that after getting the agriculture cost support, all the farmers of the state will be able to increase their cultivation.
- Balaram Yojana is the best way to unlock all the opportunities for the migrated landless farmers. Its main aim is to provide financial support to the landless farmers of the state.
Balaram Yojana Details
The details related to this scheme are as follows:-
|Name of the scheme
|Balaram Yojana Odisha 2023
|The Government of Odisha state
|Agriculture and Farmers Empowerment Department
|Farmers of the state
|To provide credit support
|Improve the financial condition
|700000 farmers of the state
|Rs. 1,040 crores
|Mode of application
Balaram Yojana Objective
As we all know due to the global pandemic of covid-19, many of the migrant farmers who are living outside lost their jobs. And due to this, they face a lot of financial problems in their day-to-day activities. By keeping this in mind the Government of Odisha state launched a new scheme known as Balaram Yojana. Under this scheme, financial support will be provided to the landless farmers and sharecroppers of the state. The main objective of launching this scheme is to unlock the various opportunities for the immigrant landless farmers of the state and provide financial help to the farmers who do not have their own land.
- The financial support of Rs. 1.6 lakhs will be provided to each joint obligation gathering of the farmers who are facing financial problems.
- Balaram Yojana will help in improving the financial condition of the farmers so that they would carry on their day to day activities.
- With the help of this credit support, they will be able to improve their standard of living.
Around 1435 Farmers Are Included Under Balaram Yojana
As we all know that the Government of Odisha state has launched a new scheme known as Balaram Yojana in order to provide financial aid to sharecroppers and landless farmers through a joint liability group. Under the first phase of this scheme, the government has included 1435 farmers from the Rajnagar block. The government has distributed loans to the beneficiaries during this meeting at the meeting hall. Under this scheme, the government has set a target to provide loans to around 7 lakh farmers in the next 2 years.
- For the successful implementation of this scheme the government has decided on a budget of Rs. 1040 crores.
- In the first phase of Balaram Yojana, the government will sanction Rs. 3.69 crores to benefit the Raj Nagar area, people.
- Under this phase, 1435 cultivators of 187 JLGs were covered.
Balaram Yojana Implementation
The implementation of this scheme depends upon the various institution structure agencies such as:-
The nodal agencies under this scheme are as follows:-
- NABARD- the National bank for Agriculture and Rural Development will focus on education and the training of the farmer groups with their potential program. The training under this scheme will be given by the executive of NABARD
- ATMA- agriculture technology and management agency will work as the nodal agency at district level. The incentive to the farmers will be provided by this agency for their effective work.
- IMAGE- the institute on management of agricultural extension is the implementing agency at the state level for this scheme
The Krushak Sathis are responsible for forming the JLGs and implementing the scheme at the village level. They will guide the former in applying for loan education and timely repayment of the loan. Along with that, they will also put effort into the needs of farmers in the gram panchayat of the villages.
Joint Liability Group (JLGs)
The joint liability group will contain 5 farmers who are eligible to apply for loans under this scheme. This group will be formed by NABARD officers and Krushak Sathis. JLGs are responsible for the repayment of loan linking of bank accounts of farmers’ credit distribution and the repayment of the loan.
Banks will work as the money lending Agencies under this scheme. The credit will be dispersed by the 7000 branches of different banks in rural and urban areas. The target has been set by the bank to finance around 10 JLG in one year by one bank.
Balaram Scheme Odisha Benefits
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to 7 lakh landless cultivators.
- Balaram Yojana has been designed in collaboration with the National bank for Agriculture and Rural Development.
- It will help in supporting the landless farmer to carry on their day-to-day livelihood without worrying about any financial hurdle.
- 7000 branches of different banks in roller and semi-urban areas are present to continue the implementation.
- The nodal agency will work at the state and district level for the successful implementation of this scheme
- Age groups of five landless farmers will get a maximum of Rs. 1.60 lakh loan to continue their cultivation.
- With the help of this increased loan amount they will be able to get more resources for their cultivation activities.
- Balaram Yojana will help in improving the financial condition of the farmers who do not have their own land.
- More than 70000 form groups will benefit through this scheme in the time period of 2 years.
Balaram Scheme Features
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- A new scheme has been created by the government of Odisha state for the landless agricultural Laboure’s and farmers of the state.
- The name of this scheme is Balaram Yojana.
- Under the scheme, the credit support of Rs. 1,040 crores will be provided to the beneficiaries of the state.
- The benefit of the scheme will be provided to around 700000 farmers of the state.
- The main aim of launching this scheme is to create 62% tola workforce of the population of Odisha.
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to the farmers who have lost their job due to the pandemic of covid-19.
- This scheme will help in providing the loan to the landless farmers to improve their living conditions.
- With the help of this loan they would be able to carry on their cultivation without worrying about any financial hurdle.
- The government announced to provide the agriculture cost support to all the farmers of the state who lost their jobs during the pandemic of covid-19.
- Each of the farmer groups will get the loan amount of Rs. 1.6 lakhs under Balaram Yojana.
- The farmers eligibility for taking those will be based upon CIBIL scores.
- The certificate for cultivation will be given to the farmer and completion of field verification by concerned authorities.
- The Krishak Sathis at the village level will work as the motivator and also assess the farmer in full documentation process.
The following eligibility criteria are required to avail the benefit of this scheme:-
- Applicant must be a landless farmer
- He or she must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- Aadhar card
- Valid proof of Identity
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Bank account passbook
- Mobile number
Process To Apply For Balaram Yojana 2022
All the interested applicants who want to apply under this scheme will have to follow the procedure given below:-
- To Apply For Balaram Yojana, visit the Official Website of Government of Odisha.
- The homepage will appear in front of you.
- On the homepage, click on Apply Online For Balaram Yojana option.
- The registration form will appear in front of you.
- Here, you have to enter all the details that are asked.
- After entering all the details attach all your important documents.
- Now click on the Submit option.
Important Message:- The detailed guidelines related to this scheme are not issued by the government. As soon as the government will release some of the further information we will update you.