Odisha Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana:- Odisha government keeps on launching many schemes for the welfare of the state’s students. There are many students in the state who want to do higher studies but are not able to do because of a lack of finance. Keeping in mind the need for education in poor students, the Odisha government started Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana to help students complete their higher education. The scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of Odisha Mr. Naveen Patnaik on 27th June 2016. Under this scheme, the state government decided to give educational loans.
Table of Contents
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana 2023
The loans of up to Rs 10 lakh will be given only a 1% rate of interest. The Higher Education Department of the government of Odisha will pay the remaining interest. Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana is designed for the students of the state who want to continue higher education. The Yojana includes many courses such as law, management, engineering, and medicine. According to the Yojana, if the loan amount is up to Rs 7.5 lakh then it can be paid in 10 years. If the loan is up to Rs 10 lakh then it has to be given back in 15 years. The scheme will prove beneficial for parents who are in stress and burdened with the education fees of their kids.
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana Overview
|Name of the article||Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of Odisha Mr Naveen Patnaik|
|Beneficiaries||Students of the state.|
|Aim||To Provide Educational Loan|
|Scheme type||Government Scheme|
|Loan amount||Up to Rs 10 Lakh|
|Rate of Interest||1%|
Odisha Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana Objectives
The main objective of the Odisha government to start this scheme is to help the students to continue their higher education. The state government wants that every student should get an education in the state. Students of poor families will be able to complete their education.
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana Benefits
- After the scheme’s successful implementation, the state’s literacy rate will also increase.
- The yojana will help in the reduction of the dropout rates in the schools.
- Students will be motivated to work hard and study well as they know they will receive help from the state government.
- The employment rate in the state will also improve as more students will study and more will get jobs.
- The financial burden of fees on the poor families of the students will also decrease.
- Through this scheme, the enrolment rate in the schools will also improve.
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana Amount Details
|Maximum Amount||Rs 10 Lakh|
|Minimum Amount||No Minimum Limit|
|Repayment Period||10 Years in Case of Loan Up to Rs 7.5 Lakh And 15 Years in Case of Loan up to Rs 10 Lakh|
|Rate Of Interest||1%|
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana Eligibility Criteria
- It is necessary that an individual should be of Odisha state.
- The yearly family income of the individual should be less than 6 lakhs.
- It should be kept in mind that the applicant should not be a receiver of any similar scheme from the Central or state government.
- An individual has to follow the terms and conditions of the loan according to individual schedule banks.
- According to the scheme, the bank has given the authority to process the loan application
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Bank passbook
- Income certificate
- Marksheet of last passed examination
- Ration card
- Active Mobile number
- Latest Passport size photograph
List of Banks Providing Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
|Serial Number||Name Of Banks|
|3.||Bank of Baroda|
|4.||Bank of India|
|5.||Bank of Maharashtra|
|6.||Bharatiya mahila Bank|
|9.||Central Bank of India|
|13.||Indian Overseas Bank|
|14.||Oriental Bank of commerce|
|15.||Punjab and Sind Bank|
|16.||Punjab National Bank|
|17.||State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur|
|18.||State Bank of Hyderabad|
|19.||State Bank of India|
|20.||State Bank of Mysore|
|21.||State Bank of Travancore|
|24.||Union Bank of India|
|25.||United Bank of India|
|27.||Axis Bank limited|
|29.||City union Bank|
|36.||Karur vyasya Bank|
|37.||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|38.||Lakshmi Vilas Bank|
|39.||Standard chartered Bank|
|40.||The South India bank limited|
|42.||Odisha State cooperative Bank|
Procedure To Apply Under Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the Higher Education Department, Government of Odisha,https://dhe.odisha.gov.in/
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- Click on the Kalinga Sikhya Sathi option on the home page.
- Then click on the click here to apply option.
- After that, click on the register option on the screen.
- Then you will be redirected to a new page.
- Now enter the following information First name, Middle name, Last name, active Mobile number, working Email ID, Password, and Captcha code.
- After that click on submit option.
- Then you have to click on the login option.
- After that, you have to click on the student login
- Next, enter your email id, password, and captcha code in the space given.
- After that, you have to click on the login
- Now you have to click on apply under this scheme option.
- Next, you will see an application form on the screen.
- Fill out the application form by entering all the required details such as your name, email, phone number, etc
- Then upload all the important documents
- After that click on submit option on the screen.
- By following these steps, you will be able to apply for the Yojana.
Steps To Login on The Portal
- Firstly, you have to visit the official website of the scheme.
- You will reach the homepage of the website.
- Click on the login option on the home page.
- You will see the following options on the screen such as Student Login
- Bank login and government login.
- After that click on the option of your choice.
- Then enter a username, password, and captcha code in the space given.
- After that click on the login option on the screen.
- By following these steps, you will be able to do log in to the portal.
The Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana is an initiative taken by the Odisha government to help students of the state to pursue higher education.
Students of Odisha are eligible for the Yojana.
The benefit of the Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana is that it will provide education loans to students.