Student Police Cadet Scheme:- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Singh Mann announced the Student Police Cadet Scheme for the students of the state. The scheme which was introduced on 22 August 2023, Tuesday will give students of the state an opportunity to know about the police system. With the help of Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023, the students will also become active partners in governance and security. About 280 Government schools will be included in this scheme and one school will cover 40 students’ batch.
Table of Contents
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023
Student Police Cadet Scheme started with an aim to make people aware that how police agency works. The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD) made the Curriculum Course. Under the recently launched scheme, commencement with the current academic year 2023–2024, two years of instruction in the course curriculum will be given to the students of 8th class. Students of State Government school will be able to take benefit of scheme. Through the scheme, students will be given chance to visit Police Stations, Forensic Science Labs, Police Training Centre and Cyber Cell office. The scheme will prove beneficial to more than10000 Students in upcoming 2 years.
Student Police Cadet Scheme Overview
|Name of Scholarship||Student Police Cadet Scheme|
|Initiated By||It will be updated Soon|
|Introduced By||Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann|
|Launched on||20th August 2023|
|Beneficiary||Students of Punjab|
|Website||Will be updated Soon|
Punjab SPC Scheme Objective
The main objective to start Student Police Cadet Scheme is to make students of the state aware that how the police operate. Through this scheme, the state government wants the students to know about the working of police stations, offices, cyber cells, forensic science labs, police training facilities, and other governmental organizations.
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme Benefits
- With the help of the Student Police Cadet Scheme, students will be educated on how the police department works.
- Student Police Cadet Scheme will help students to know about traffic laws and rules, how to march in Republic Day and Independence Day parades, unarmed combat training, legal rights, and laws training.
- This initiative of the state government will help in creating awareness among students.
- Information in detail will be given to the students about many topics such as a survey of crimes in trends, child safety, emergency response to disasters, and domestic violence.
- Students will improve their skills and knowledge through this scheme.
- With the help of this scheme, interested individual will also able to obtain information regarding cybercrime, traffic safety, awareness sessions on drug abuse, corruption, female foeticide, first aid, and quiz contests.
Student Police Cadet Scheme Budget
According to the CM Bhagwant Mann, the state government decided to give 50,000 INR to each school yearly. Under this Student Police Cadet (SPC) Scheme, every school will be getting 50 thousand for 40 students yearly. This program will include about 280 Government Schools. The Punjab government will be using about 1.40 crore for the successful implementation of the scheme.
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme Implementation Process
- Indoor Course- It is necessary for the school management, to conduct 1 class per month for an indoor course.
- Outdoor Course- The school management can do a half-day twice a month. On these days, students can go to the police station, forensic labs etc. Outdoor activities can be conducted after school hoursor on the weekend’s periods.
Student Police Cadet Scheme Topics Covered
- Traffic Rules
- Unarmed Combat Training
- Training on legal rights and laws
- Internship programme with police
- Cyber Crime
- Road Safety
- Safety of Children
- Awareness Session on Drugs
- Female Foeticide
- First aid
- Quiz contest
- Domestic Violence
- Emergency Response
- Disaster Management
- Visit Police Training Centre
- Visit Police Stations
- Visit Cyber Cell office
- Visit Forensic Labs
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- It is necessary for an individual to be from Punjab state.
- Government School Students are allowed to take part on the scheme.
- Students of Class 8 and 9 are allowed to apply for the scheme.
- Both Boys and Girls are permitted to take benefit of the scheme.
- Aadhaar Card
- Student ID Card
- Active Mobile Number (Parents)
Process of Registration for Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme is the recently announced scheme. The authorities have not yet revealed the official website and further process. You should frequently check the latest updates about the scheme.
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme is a government initiative taken to make students aware how police agency works.
Government school Students of Class 8 and 9 are allowed to take benefit of the scheme.