Odisha State Scholarship Portal:- The government of Odisha always puts efforts into helping students to education. The state government announced the Odisha State Scholarship Portal with an aim to provide scholarship opportunities to state students. Naveen Patnaik, the chief minister of Odisha launched the portal. It will work as a one-stop platform for eligible and qualified students. Students who come from weaker sections will be able to complete their education. Around 6 lakh students of the state will be receiving benefits from the portal.
Table of Contents
Odisha State Scholarship Portal 2023
The Odisha State Scholarship Portal is designed for students who come from economically backward sections. There are many students who can not afford to get an education because of lack of finances. To help these students to continue their education, the state government started this portal. This online portal will prove beneficial for all the students who don’t get a chance to complete their education.
|Name of Article||Odisha State Scholarship Portal|
|Introduced By||Odisha Government|
|Beneficiaries||Students of state|
|Aim||To help students to get education|
|Process of Registration||Online|
Odisha State Scholarship Portal Objectives
The main aim of the state government is to start the Scholarship Portal to help and support students of the state to get an education. Through this scheme, the state government wants to provide education to maximum students of the state. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes students will be able to complete their education with the help of the portal.
Odisha State Scholarship Portal Benefits
- The students of the state will be able to get an education.
- The standard of living of the students will also be enhanced after receiving help from the portal.
- This initiative of the state government will help students of the economically weaker sections to improve their skills.
- The employment rate in Odisha state will also increase as more students will study the more will get jobs.
- Students will be motivated to work hard and perform well as they will get financial support.
- The burden on the parents of the students to pay the fees will also be reduced.
- With the help of the online portal, the literacy rate in the state will also increase.
Application Period of Odisha State Scholarship Portal
|Name of the Scholarship||Application Period|
|PRERANA- Post-Matric Scholarship for ST||Between August and October|
|PRERANA- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC||Between August and October|
|PRERANA- Post-Matric Scholarship for EBC||Between August and October|
|PRERANA- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC / SEBC||Between August and October|
|Scholarship to Meritorious Students under Central Sector Scheme||Between August and October|
|Technical and Professional Merit (Medhabruti)||Between October and December|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Between September and November|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Between September and November|
|Prof. Ghanshyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education||Between September and November|
|Junior Merit Scholarship (Medhabruti)||Between October and December|
|Senior Merit Scholarship (Medhabruti)||Between October and December|
|Post Graduate Merit Scholarship (Medhabruti)||Between October and December|
|Nirman Shramik Kalyan Yojana Scholarship||Between February and March|
|Vidyadhan Scholarship Program (Odisha) (1st and 2nd year)||Between May and July|
|Vyasa Kabi Fakir Mohan Senapati Scholarship||Between May and July|
|Financial Assistance to Sportspersons||Between April and June|
Odisha Scholarship Portal Eligibility Criteria
- It is necessary that the student should be from ST, SC, OBC/ SEBC, EBC community.
- An individual must be from Odisha state.
- Keep in mind that an applicant should be studying Post Matriculation Studies in any general, technical, or professional courses in any Government or Govt. recognized Private institutes.
- The yearly family income from all sources must be less than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum.
- The OBC/ SEBC and EBC students should have scored minimum 50% marks in the last qualifying exam.
List of Scholarships under the Odisha State Scholarship Portal
|Agriculture & FE Department||Kalia Scholarship|
|Higher education department||Gopabandhu Senior Merit and Technical and Professional and PG merit e-Medhabruti Fakirmohana vasa brute|
|Labor & ESI Department||Children of building|
|School & Mass Education Department||Junior merit Primary Merit (Class – 3 to 4)Primary Poverty cum Merit Poverty (Class 3 to 4)Upper Primary (Class 5 to 6) NRTS Scholarship (9 to 10)Upper Primary Poverty cum Merit Scholarship (Class 5 to 6) Pathani Samanta Mathematics – 1 (Class – 6 to 8) Pathani Samanta Mathematics – 2 (Class – 9 to 10)The Pathani Samanta Mathematics – 3 (Class – 11 to 12)|
|Skill Development & Technical Education Department||Merit-cum-poverty, Sudakshya for Girls Child, Merit scholarship, BOC Scholarship, Banishree – A Scheme of Scholarship for Students with Disability|
|ST&SC and MBC Welfare Department||Post Matric Scholarship Pre matric Scholarship|
Odisha State Scholarship Portal Required Documents
- Aadhaar card copy
- Applicant’s recent passport-size photograph
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Applicant’s bank account passbook
- Domicile certificate copy
- Mark sheets and certificate of last qualifying exam
- Address proof
Steps to Apply at Odisha State Scholarship Portal 2023
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the Odisha State Scholarship Portal,https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in/
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- Click on the Registration option in the home page.
- You will see the Registration form on the screen.
- After that you have to enter your Aadhaar Number
- User ID and password will be sent on your registered email id or mobile number.
- After that you can login to your account by entering your registered User ID and password
- Now you will see the application form on the screen.
- Then fill the form by entering all the required details such as applicant details, academic details, Eligibility details, Bank details, etc
- Now you have to click on the Save as a draft option.
- After that then click on the Next option on the screen.
- Next you have to review and recheck all the entered details.
- At last, you have to click on the Submit option on the screen.
- You can also download the application form and take print of it for future use.
Procedure to Check Sanctioned Scholarships
- Firstly, go to the official website of the Odisha State Scholarship Portal.
- You will reach on the homepage of the website.
- After that Click on the Scholarship Sanctioned option on the screen.
- You will see a new page on the screen with the details of Sanctioned Scholarships.
Procedure to Check the Contact Details
- At First, you have to go to the official website of the Odisha State Scholarship Portal.
- The homepage of the website will appear in front of you.
- After that click on the Contact Us option on the home page.
- You will see a new page on the screen.
- On this new page you can see all the contact details.
Naveen Patnaik, the chief minister of Odisha launched the Odisha State Scholarship Portal.
Students of the economically weaker sections can benefit from the Odisha State Scholarship Portal.