West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme:- The Government of the west Bengal has come up with a new scheme the fishers man of the state. During the West Bengal budget 2024 presentation the finance minister announced the welfare scheme known as Samudra Sathi Scheme 2024. Under this scheme financial assistance of Rs. 5000 per month will be provided to fisher’s man for two month during the period of fishing ban and a total amount of Rs. 10000 will provided for 2 months. The entire interested fisherman who wants to apply under the Samudra Sathi Scheme can now apply by visiting the official website. Today we will provide complete information about West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme 2024. Sothen stays connect with this article till end and get the complete information about the scheme.
Table of Contents
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme 2024
The West Sathi Scheme has been started in the budget released by the Government of West Bengal on 8 February 2024. Through the scheme fishermen will be able to avail financial assistance during the period fishing ban form mid April to mid June. Fishing is one of the major occupations of the people living in the west Bengal. But there comes a time from mid April to mid June when fishing is banned during this period. So become very difficult for the people relaying on fishing to fulfill their basic needs. A total financial assistance of Rs 10000 will be provided at the rate of Rs 5000 per month.
Through this scheme the fishermen of the state will be able to fulfill their basic needs and become self reliant with financial they received at the time of closure of their business. A budget of rupees 200 has been allocated for the implementation of this scheme. An estimated amount of two lakh beneficiaries will be benefit through this benefited through this assistance.
Key Highlight of West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
|Samudra Sathi Scheme
|Finance Minister Chandrima Bhattachrya
|08 February 2024
|All fisherman of the state
|To provided financial assistance to fisherman during the period of fishing ban.
|Not yet announce
Objective of The Scheme
The main objective of the Government to started Samudra Sathi Scheme in the state of west Bengal is that due to the ban of fishing in the state from mid April to mid June, which daily life of the fishermen of the state is in crisis. For which the fishermen have to be provided a total financial assistance of Rs 10000 at the rate of Rs 5000 per month for two month so that they can meet their basic need and support their families.
Under this scheme the Registration fisherman living in the state in these three coastal districts are eligible to apply.
- East Midnapore, North and South 24-Parganas
Features & Benefits of The Scheme
Some of features & benefits of the scheme are given below
- The scheme was launched by the Government of West Bengal on 8 February 2024 during the state budget 2024 presentation
- The fishermen of the state are to be provided financial assistance of Rs 10000 during the fishing ban from mid April to mid June.
- Amount the financial assistance provides has been fixed at Rs 5000 per month.
- Under the scheme financial assistance will be transfer by the DBT to the bank account of the beneficiary.
- By get the benefit of this scheme, all the beneficiaries of the state will be able to meet all their needs and support their families during the time of fishing ban.
- The fisherman of the state will become self relevant.
- Registered fishermen from only these three districts East Midnapore, North and South 24- Parganas will be gat the benefit.
- A budget of rupees of 200 crore has been allocated for the implementation of the scheme
- An estimated number of 2 lakh fisherman will be get the benefit
- The applicant must be permanent resident of West Bengal
- Only registered fisherman are eligible to apply under the scheme
- Fisherman only from East Midnapore, North and south 24- Parganas are eligible to apply
- The applicant must have all the necessary documents.
- Aadhar card
- Pan card
- Bank account
- Resident certificate
- Fisherman registration proof
- Mobile number
- Passport size Photo
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme 2024 Application Process
- First of all, visit the Official Website of the scheme.
- The home page of the website will open on the screen
- Now on the home page you have to click on the Apply Here option
- A new page with an application form will open on the screen
- Enter the details like name, address, date of birth etc in the application form
- Upload the relevant documents
- Check the details carefully
- Now click on the submit button.
- In this way, you can easily apply for the scheme
The Samudra Sathi Scheme launched by the Finance Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya on 8 February 2024 during the budget presentation.
The registered fisherman of the state will received Rs 5000 per month for two month during the fishing ban period.
Approximately 2 lakh fisherman from the eligible district will benefit from these benefits.
The registered fisherman from East Midnapore, north and south 24- Parganas are eligible to apply.