Chandigarh Land Records are official records of land in Chandigarh. The land records got digitalized with an aim to fast-track the procedure of land-related transactions and reducing property fraud and disputes. The state administration took this initiative in 2013 to digitize the land records. There are many online services that are available on the official website of the Chandigarh administration. Through the official website, an individual can access Chandigarh land records.
Table of Contents
Chandigarh Land Records
An online platform to access information is called Jamabandi Chandigarh. The Chandigarh administration created this online gateway. This initiative will help to remove fraud and disputes related to land. The Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP) began with the purpose of increasing transparency in the maintenance of land records. With the help of the online portal, citizens of the state will be able to get the correct details of the land records. Chandigarh’s UT Revenue Department has been given the responsibility to run this portal.
Chandigarh Land Records Overview
|Name of Article||Chandigarh Land Records|
|Managed by||UT Revenue Department of Chandigarh|
|Another name||Jamabandi Chandigarh|
|Beneficiaries||People of Chandigarh|
Chandigarh Land Records Objective
The main aim of this initiative is to reduce the fraud and scams related to land. With the help of Land Records, Mutations and property registrations can be easily done online. It will also update survey and settlement records.
Chandigarh Land Records Benefits
- It will provide a correct and latest record of land ownership.
- The Land Records will promote transparency and accountability in land administration.
- Land disputes and fraud will be reduced after the successful implementation of the plan.
- The portal made it easy for people to access land-related information.
- It is necessary that an individual should be from Chandigarh.
- Address proof: Ration card / Aadhaar card / Telephone bill or Water bill
- Identity proof: Passport / Aadhaar card / PAN card/ Voter ID / Driving license
- Receipt of property tax payment
- Property documents like sale deed
- Possession proof
- Aadhaar card (mandatory)
- Ration card (mandatory)
- Encumbrance certificate
- Digitisation Land Records
- Mutations and property registrations can be done online
- Reduced property frauds and scams
- Chandigarh land records and registrations can be integrated
- Updating survey and settlement records
- Geospatial Information System (GIS) is developed
- To ensure the digitization of cadastral maps
- Creation of original cadastral records
- Online building plan approval
- RTI Online
- Mutation of property
- View land records or online Jamabandi ROR
- Zoning plan
- Pay the electricity bill/ water bill
- Submit grievance
- Khewat Number
- Khasra Number/Survey Number
Steps to Search Land Records
- Firstly, you have to visit the Chandigarh website of the portal,https://revenue.chd.gov.in/
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- Then find the services section and click on the online services option.
- Now you have to select Online Jamabandi/RoR.
- You will see a new page on the screen.
- After that, you have to choose Online Nakal.
- Next, enter the owner’s name, that number, or khasra number
- With the help of the Khewat number, you can verify the information.
- After that, you have to select the village.
- Then select the Khewat number.
- Finally, you will see the information about the property owner on the screen.
Process to Verify Land Records Offline
- First, you have to go to the municipal corporation office.
- After reaching the office, speak to the estate officer.
- Then ask for the application form.
- If the application number is not available then you can write an application on plain paper.
- If the application form is available, then fill out the application form by entering all the required details.
- After that, you have to attach all the documents.
- Now you have to provide the form with all the documents to the appropriate authority.
- Then documents will be reviewed by the authority.
- After that authorities will give approval to the application.
- Next, the authority will record the application and they will provide a record number as an acknowledgment.
- You can Keep the acknowledgment receipt safe for future use.
For any other additional details, individual can contact on the mentioned below details-:
Department of Information Technology
Additional Deluxe Building, Sector 9,
UT Revenue Department of Chandigarh manages Chandigarh Land Records.
People who belong to Chandigarh can take benefit from this scheme.