BRO Workers Insurance Scheme:- India defence Minister Rajnath singh has approval a personal to provide insurance cover to casual workers employed by the Border Road Organization to Built infrastructure in remote area. The Border Road Organization has working on Border road Project. The BRO has hired casual paid labourers for a varity of infrastructure project. The Proposal to introduce a term insurance policy for these workers has been approved by the ministry of Defence on Saturday. This scheme is will be provided Rs. 10 Lakh as insurance in any kind of death while working on a project. Read this article for more information about BRO Workers Insurance Scheme.
Table of Contents
BRO Workers Insurance Scheme
The Defence ministry Government of India has approved proposal to provide insurance cover of casual workers employed by the Border Road Organization (BRO) to built infrastructure in the country farthest frontiers. BRO Workers Insurance Scheme is will provided Rs. 10 Lakh as insurance in any kind of death of causal paid labourers the defence ministry said in a statement on Saturday. The insurance reimbursement to the workers family in the event of their death while on the job. In the last five month, the Government has announced two sets of welfare measures for these people. These moves by the ministry have brought into focus the risky roles these workers fill in treacherous terrain. The insurance coverage is probably going to act as a welfare and social security measures of the work force involved in infrastructure project construction. The workers for continuous project work in a distance location under the general reserve engineer force and border roads organization. The BRO build and maintain road network in India’s border regions and friendly neighboue nation in support of the Indian Armed Force.
Key Highlight of BRO Workers Insurance Scheme
|Name of scheme
|BRO Workers Insurance Scheme
|Minister of Defence Govt. Of India
|Causal Paid labourers of BRO
Objective of Border Road Organization Workers Insurance Scheme
The main objective of BRO Workers Insurance Scheme to provide insurance cover to labourers, the serious risks to the lives of CPLs assigned to dangerous jobs unfriendly terrain, bed weather and occupational health hazards, the ministry chose after discovering that many often, these labourers pass away alone since their families were unable to cover the expenses of transportation preservation. Additionally he gives his approval to raise their burial Rs, of 1,000 to Rs. 10,000. The insurance scheme will serve as a social security and welfare measure and will go a long way in securing the livelihoods of their families.
BRO Workers Insurance Scheme Amount
- The Govt. will pay for the funeral rituals if a CPL passes away while crying out official responsibility at a BRO Project
- If an employee passes away while performing their job his family would received Rs 10 Lakh by the insurance
- The policy asks for the preservation and repatriation of the deceased remains of casual paid labourers to there to the native country and it increases the cost of burial from Rs. 1000 to Rs. 10000 for those whose last rites are performed at work.
BRO Workers Insurance Scheme of Features & Benefits
The BRO Workers Insurance Yojana is some of the key features
- The minister of Defence Rajnath Sing approved a proposal to launched the Insurance scheme for causal Paid labourers hired by border road Organization/GREF for the ongoing project activities
- The family of CPLs will received an insured value of Rs. 10 lakh under this scheme in the event of any form of death
- These by the ministry have brought in to focus the risky roles these workers fill in treacherous terrain.
- The insurance scheme will serve as a social security and welfare benefit to CPLs who operate in rural and isolated regions of the country.
- The Plan will go a long way in securing the livelihoods of their families.
- The Govt. implemented a new program in September of last year to provide infrastructure in the nation most remote regions.
- In the case of CPL passage away while performing official duties for the govt. at BOR project and their funeral ceremonies are held there the Govt. will cover this expense.
- Workers Insurance Scheme rising funeral expenses from 1000 to 10000 for those last rites are performed at the work site
Eligibility Criteria for this Scheme
- The must be permanent resident of India
- The Application must be the causal paid labourers of BRO
Application Process to Apply for BRO Workers Insurance Scheme
The Ministry of Defence has recently launched the BRO Workers Insurance Plan. The government has not yet publish the application process apply for this scheme, whenever the Govt. will do so shortly. We will you update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.
The BRO Workers Insurance Scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Defence Govt. of India.
The full name of BRO is Border Road Organization.