Amma Two Wheeler Scheme:- The Tamil Nadu government always put efforts into the welfare of the women of the state. The state government also took the initiative of starting Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme. This scheme was launched in 2018 for the development of the women of the state. Under Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme, the state government decided to give two-wheelers to all women. This plan will prove beneficial to all the women who go to work. This is a good step to motivate the working women of the state. According to the scheme, an interested woman who wishes to purchase a vehicle can get a 50% subsidy of up to 25,000. The left amount has to be paid by the women. The program includes only gearless or auto-gear two-wheelers.
Table of Contents
Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme
With the help of the two-wheelers provided by the state government women of the state will become independent. According to the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme, women of the state will be getting two-wheelers at a subsidized rate. With the help of the vehicle, the females can travel easily and without any problems. It is expected that the scheme will benefit the maximum women of in the state. Physically challenged women will also be given retrofitted three-wheeler scooters. One female in the family can take benefit of the scheme.
Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme Overview
|Name of the article||Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme|
|Initiated by||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Aim||To Provide two-wheelers to the women of the state.|
|Beneficiaries||Women of the State|
Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme objectives
The main aim of the state government to start this two-wheelers scheme is to support working women of the state. After the successful implementation of the scheme, it will become very easy for females to go to work.
Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme Benefits
- Through this scheme, the women of the state will be empowered.
- It will help to save time and money for the ladies on their daily traveling in the state.
- Now women of the state don’t have to be dependent on others to drop them for work.
- Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme will make traveling for women easy.
- Now women can go out and sell any items through their two-wheeler. Gradually, they can begin their own business.
- The two-wheeler given by the state government will help females to do personal work, as well as for professional work.
Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme Eligible Candidates
- All the females who are travelling long distances.
- It is necessary that their earnings should be the main source of income for the family.
- It is compulsory for a Women to be registered as workers in the organized and unorganized sectors.
- Women who work in establishments and shops.
- Women who areSelf-employed andinvolved in petty trades.
- Women who are engaged in daily wages, consolidated salary, on contract employment in Government Aided Organizations, private institutions, government projects or community-based organizations like
- Panchayat Level Federations
- Village Poverty Reduction Committees.
- ASHA workers and Banking correspondents/Bank, Facilitators.
- Priority will be given to working women who are-
- Residing in remote areas or hilly regions
- Differently Abled
- Unmarried aged above 35 years
- Household heads
Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme Reservation
|Schedule Caste (SC)||21%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Differently-Abled||4% (All Categories|
Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum age of the individual should be 18 years and maximum age must be 40 years.
- It is necessary that an individual should have passed class 8th examination by a recognized college or school in the Tamilnadu district.
- Make sure that an applicant should have a working two-wheeler driving license.
- It should be kept in mind that the yearly income of the family should be less than 250000.
Important Documents Required
- Evidence of age like Date of Birth.
- Proof of Residence such as EPIC card/DL/Aadhar Card/Utility bills in the applicant’s name
- A driving Licence or Learner’s Licence Registration (LLR)
- Income certificate
- Evidence of employment issued by the Employer/Organization/Project Head/Society in case of salaried or wage employment.
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of educational qualification or appearance of 8th standard exam (SSLC, Transfer Certificate, etc.).
- Latest Passport-size photograph.
- Proof to establish your membership of the priority category, wherever applicable.
- Community certificate for SC or ST.
- Differently-abled ID issued by the competent authority.
- Invoice quotation or Proforma Invoice of the vehicle.
Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme Application Procedure
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the scheme, https://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- You can also collect form free of cost available at all Block Offices, Urban Local Body Offices, and the Collectorates.
- You can download the application form.
- Fill the application form by entering all details.
- After that you have to attach all asked documents.
- Then submit it to the respective Block Offices or Urban Local Body Offices or you can post it through Speed or Registered Post.
- You will be provided with a unique application number.
- You can Keep it safe for future use.