Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana:- is a scheme started by the Maharashtra government to recover the outstanding electricity bills from the consumers. The scheme will prove beneficial for the people whose electricity connection was permanently disconnected before 31 December 2021 because of non-payment of electricity charges. Agricultural customers cannot take benefit of the Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana. The Energy Minister Nitin Raut made an announcement about the Scheme.
Table of Contents
Maharashtra Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana 2024
According to the scheme, the state government decided to give a 100% rebate in interest and late fees to those electricity customers who will pay the principal amount on the spot. Under the SVDAY, the Maharashtra government will give a 5% rebate to customers who have high tension Connections and a 10% rebate to consumers with low-tension connections. The government also gave one more option to the consumers they can pay 30% of the amount in one go and the rest amount can be paid in six instalments.
Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana Overview
|Article||Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana|
|Initiative by||Government of State|
|Aim||To Waive Of Late Fees Payment and Interest For Electricity Bill|
|Beneficiaries||People of Maharashtra|
Objective Maharashtra Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana
The main objective of this Scheme is to recover the outstanding electricity bills of the customers of the Maharashtra state.
Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana 2024 Benefits
- The scheme will provide relief to the customers who cannot pay the bill in full amount.
- It will also enhance the financial status of the electricity department of the state.
- Through the SVDAY, the people of the state will also pay the bills.
- With the help of the Yojana, the authorities will be able to know the exact amount required to be recovered from the consumers.
Outstanding Electricity Bill Amount in the Circle
|Board/mandal||Number of costumers||Outstanding amount|
|Nagpur Gramin Mandal||44,997||Rs 58.2 crore|
|Nagpur city division||82.862||Rs 135.83 crore|
|Wardha division||28.137||Rs 31.90 crore|
Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana Eligibility Criteria
- It is necessary that an individual must belong to Maharashtra state.
- The electricity connection of the individual must be permanently closed down before the 31st of December 2021 because of non-payment of electricity bills.
- An individual who works in the Agricultural sector is not allowed to apply for the scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- Residency certificate
- Electricity bill
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Active Mobile number
- Working EMAIL ID
- Latest Passport size photographs.
Discounts to be Provided under Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Scheme
|Costumers with high tension Connection||5% additional discount|
|Costumers with low tension connection||10% additional discount|
|There is also one more option provided by the state government those Residents can pay 30% of the outstanding electricity bill in one payment. The left bill amount can be paid in 6 instalments.|
Procedure to Apply under SVDAY
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of Mahavitaran, i.e., https://wss.mahadiscom.in/
- You will reach on the home page of the website.
- Click on the option New User Registration on the home page.
- After that, you will see the application form on the screen.
- Then fill out the application form by entering all the required details such as your customer number, mobile number, email ID, login name, password, etc
- Then click on the submit option on the screen.
- Now you have to click on the login option.
- Now you will see the login page on the screen.
- Enter your login credentials such as username, password, and captcha code.
- After that, you have to click on the login option
- Now you will see the Accounts page on the screen.
- Select the subscriber number for which you want to take benefit of the scheme.
- Then click on the option of “SVDAY”.
- Now an application form will open on the screen.
- Then fill out the application form by entering all the details.
- After that, you have to upload all the required documents.
- Then you have to click on the submit option on the screen.
- By following these steps, you will be able to apply for this scheme.
An initiative taken by the government of Maharashtra to recover the outstanding electricity bills from the consumers.
It is necessary that an individual must belong to Maharashtra state.
The electricity connection of the individual must be permanently close down before the 31st of December 2021 because of non-payment of electricity bills.
Individual who works in Agricultural sector are not allowed applying for the scheme.