PM e-Bus Seva:- On Wednesday, the cabinet announced PM e-Bus Seva for the welfare of the residents. The government decided to spend ₹57,613 crores for the scheme. Under this e-Bus Seva, about 10,000 new electric buses will be made available in 100 cities in the country. These cities will be chosen by a challenge method. The cities that have a population of three lahks and above will be included. Under the PM e-Bus Seva Scheme, preference will be provided to cities that don’t have organized bus services. The meeting in which the initiative was announced was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Soon, people will be able to take benefit from this scheme. This initiative will help people to reach their destination easily and safely. It will increase the transport facilities.
Table of Contents
PM e-Bus Sewa Scheme 2023
Under this scheme, bus operations will be supported for 10 years. The buses will be deployed on a public-private partnership (PPP) model. After this decision of the cabinet, the manufacturers of E- buses got good business. With the help of the scheme, gates for employment opportunities will also open as it is expected that more than 45000 jobs will be generated. According to the Manoj Joshi, secretary, of the Union Ministry of Housing and urban affairs (MoUHA), the final number of cities that will be included will be selected as per the number of cities applied for the competition.
He also said that cities with a population of more than four million will not be included in the scheme. There are nine biggest cities in the country that have over four million population. Already, these cities are included under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles scheme. The Union Ministry of heavy industries runs this electric vehicle scheme.
PM e-Bus Sewa Overview
|Name of the article||PM e-Bus Seva|
|Aim||To provide electric buses.|
|Benefits||10,000 new electric buses will run.|
|Availability||Will be available soon.|
PM e-Bus Seva Scheme Objective
The PM e-Bus Seva will help in providing affordable and healthy transportation to the people. The buses that will run under this scheme will improve the environment by reducing emissions.
PM e-Bus Seva Benefits
- The recently announced scheme will help encourage e-mobility. It will also give support for behind-the-meter power infrastructure.
- Cities will also be supported for the development of charging infrastructure under the Green Urban Mobility Initiative.
- After the successful implementation of the scheme, noise and air pollution will reduce and it will also control carbon emission.
- The use of electric buses will help in reducing 16.5 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent tailpipe emissions in 10 years.
- It is expected that these buses will bring positive change to the residents and the environment.
- The buses will be affordable as they will run in low cost than petrol and diesel buses.
PM e-Bus Seva has Two Segments
- Under the scheme, the City bus services will be increased.
- The yojana will enhance the city bus operations on Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
Green Urban Mobility Initiatives (GUMI)
- The scheme will encourage green initiatives such as bus priority, infrastructure, multimodal interchange facilities, NCMC-based Automated Fare Collection Systems, Charging infrastructure, etc.
- Support for Operation-According to the scheme, the responsibility will be given to States/Cities for running the bus services and paying to the bus operators. These bus operations will be receiving support from the central government such as subsidy.
About 10,000 new electric buses will be made available.
The PM e-Bus Seva will help in reducing pollution and will also provide good transport facilities to the citizens.