Indian Passport Application Online: As we know that passport is an essential travel document for those who are travelling abroad. As in the last few years, the growing economy & spreading globalization have led to increased demand for passports. This increasing demand for passports is coming from both large cities as well as smaller towns. The Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs receives a large number of passport applications every day. If you want to apply for a passport & want to know other details related to a passport then you have landed on the right article.
So, today in this article we will tell you about the Indian passport online application, key highlights of passport online application, eligibility criteria, documents required, how much it costs, how you can apply for the passport, about the passport online application form, how to schedule an appointment. Read the full article & do let us know any queries in the comment box below.
Table of Contents
Indian Passport Online Application 2023-24
The Indian government has created the Passport Seva Portal to meet the increasing demand for passports. With the introduction of the Passport Seva Portal, the online application procedure for a passport has become very easy & quick. Now, it has become very easy for people across the country to apply for passports, pay costs, & schedule appointments for passport verification. The Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs receives passport applications online on the Passport Seva Portal. You can register yourself on the official website & can apply for the passport. Emergency passport application is also accepted on the website.
Passport Application Online Key Highlights
|Passport Application Online
|Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
|Citizen of India
|Total cost involve
- The citizen who is applying must be Indian.
- Applicants aged at least 18 years of age or above should submit a passport application form.
- Minors can also apply for a passport.
- Birth certificate
- Aadhar card
- Domicile certificate
- Nationality proof
- Address proof
Cost of Passport
|Fresh Passport (36 pages) of 10 years validity (Including minors between 15 to 18 years of age, who wish to get a 10 years full validity passport).
|Fresh Passport (60 pages) of 10 years validity.
|Fresh Passport for Minors -below 15 years of Age
|Duplicate Passport (36 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport.
|Duplicate Passport (60 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport.
|Police Clearance Certificate/ECNR/Additional Endorsements
|In case of Change of Address, Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Appearance, Spouse Name, Name of Parents/Legal Guardian-Delete Ecr/Change in personal particular
Procedure to Apply for Passport Online
- Firstly, you have to visit the Official Website of Passport Seva Portal.
- Then on the homepage, you have to select the ‘Apply’ option.
- If you already have an account then you can simply log in to your account by using your User ID and password.
- But if you do not have registered before, then you have to register yourself on the portal first.
- To register on the official portal you have to click on the ‘Register Now’ option.
- Now, enter your login details, enter the captcha code then click on the ‘Register’ option.
- Now, you have successfully registered yourself on the portal.
Choose the Application Type
After logging in on the portal, you have to select a service from the following written below services –
- Fresh passport/ passport reissue
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Diplomatic passport/ Official passport
- Identify Certificate
Fill Passport Application Form
You can fill out the passport application form online as well as offline. Below we have provided you with some instructions to fill out the form offline –
- To get the printout of the application form, click on the link.
- Along with the application form download the below forms –
- Fresh / Reissue
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Diplomatic / Official
- Identify Certificate
- Complete the online application form & press the ‘Update e-form’ button.
- After that upload the filled application form.
- Before submitting of form, make sure to double-check it.
- Now, make the payment & book your slot.
Scheduling the Appointment
- Firstly visit the Official website.
- Then on the homepage, click on the ‘Pay & Schedule appointment’ option.
- Select the Passport Seva Kendra of your choice.
- You can choose the slot of your choice from the available dates.
- Confirm the slot by entering the captcha code.
- Now, select the Pay & book the Appointment option.
- After this, the application details such as ARN Name, type of application, the amount that needs to be paid etc. will be displayed on the screen.
- If you have chosen to pay online then you will be redirected to the payment page.
- After the payment, you will get your appointment number through SMS.
Procedure for Submission of E-form
- Firstly, you have to visit the Official Website.
- Then on the homepage, click on the ‘Download e-form’ link.
- Fill out the form & click on the ‘Validate & Save’ option.
- Then click on the ‘Register’ option.
- Use your registered ID to log in.
- Now, click on upload e form.
- Click on ‘pay & schedule Appointment’.
- Then click the link for ‘Print Application Receipt’.
- Then on the scheduled appointment day, go to the regional passport office or passport seva Kendra.