One District One Product Scheme:- The States would identify the food product for a district, keeping in perspective the focus of the scheme on perishables. A baseline study would be carried out by the AP State Government. The Government has launched a scheme for this. The scheme is named as One District One Product Scheme. ODOP products could be perishable Agri produce, cereal-based products, or food products widely produced in a district and their allied sectors. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to One District One Product Scheme 2023 such as objective eligibility criteria, important documents, and benefits. Also, we will share with you all the step-by-step application procedures to apply under the same scheme.
Table of Contents
One District One Product Scheme 2023
The ODOP scheme is essential for the inclusive development of the entire state. Subsequently, this scheme will increase the growth of small, medium, and traditional industries of the districts. This scheme has been launched by the government of Andhra Pradesh. One District One Product Scheme is launched in order to decide that one district should grow only one product according to the scheme. On January 24, 2018, when the Government of Andhra Pradesh, inaugurated the One District One Product (ODOP) program. The state government’s vision was to identify one unique product from each of the 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh and create a product-specific traditional industrial hub. The interested applicants should visit the official website.
- This scheme has been launched by the Prime Minister of India
- Narendra Modi has launched this scheme under National Livelihood Mission
- The AP Government’s One District-One Product Programme aims to encourage such indigenous and specialized products and crafts in UP that are found nowhere else.
AP One District One Product Scheme Details
Some important details about this scheme are given right here-
|Name of the scheme||One District One Product Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Benefits||The scheme would give a boost to the indigenous industries of handicrafts.|
|Objectives||Preservation and development of local crafts/skills and promotion of the art.|
|Beneficiaries||People of Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched on||24 January 2018|
|Official website||Click Here|
One District One Product Scheme Objectives
The main objective of this scheme is to reap the benefit of scale in terms of procurement of inputs, availing common services, and marketing of products. One District One Product Scheme will provide the framework for value chain development and alignment of support infrastructure. The Department of Commerce is focusing on agriculture crops on a cluster approach for support for exports under the Agriculture Export Policy, and the Ministry of Agriculture is also focusing on a cluster approach for the development of specific agriproducts in districts having a comparative advantage. The ODOP approach of the scheme would lead to easing in providing common facilities and other support services.
- One District One Product (ODOP) scheme was initiated in 2018 with a budget of Rs. 25,000 crores, by the Government of Uttar Pradesh
- This scheme is started to revive the indigenous art form by providing financial and marketing support.
- The Ministry has approved ODOP for 707 districts of 35 States/ UTs with 137 unique products.
List of District Wise Products Under ODOP
The list of district wise product under the scheme is as follows:-
|Aligarh||Locks and Hardware|
|Ambedkar Nagar||Textile Products|
|Auraiya||Food Processing (Desi Ghee)|
|Balrampur||Food Processing (Pulses)|
|Banda||Shazar Stone Craft|
|Etah||Ankle Bells (Ghungroo), Bells and Brass Products|
|Fatehpur||Bedsheets and Iron Fabrication Works|
|Gautam Buddh Nagar||Readymade Garments|
|Ghazipur||Jute Wall Hanging|
|Gonda||Food Processing (Pulses)|
|Jalaun||Handmade Paper Art|
|Jaunpur||Woollen Carpets (Dari)|
|Kanpur Dehat||Aluminum Utensils|
|Kanpur Nagar||Leather Products|
|Kaushambi||Food Processing (Banana)|
|Kushinagar||Banana Fiber Products|
|Lakhimpur Kheri||Tribal Craft|
|Lalitpur||Zari Silk Sarees|
|Lucknow||Chikankari & Zari Zardozi|
|Mahoba||Gaura Stone Craft|
|Rampur||Applique Work along with Patch Work, Zari Patchwork|
|Sant Kabir Nagar||Brassware Craft|
|Siddharthnagar||Kala Namak Rice|
|Varanasi||Banarasi Silk Saree|
Special Products Will Be Covered Under Scheme
As we all know that the chief minister Shivraj Singh has launched a scheme in order to increase small, medium, and traditional industries of the district. Recently the chief minister has decided to provide employment to the villagers by covering 6 special covers under the One District One Product Scheme. For promoting the special product of different districts from Madhya Pradesh the special covers which are included are famous wooden toys from budhni of Sehore district, a teak wood product of Betul district, bamboos from Harda, stones of Katni, carpets of Siddhi and Jeera Shankar rice of seoni.
List of Selected Products
The ODOP initiative includes products from the textile sector such as Kanchipuram Silk (Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu) and Phulkari (Patiala, Punjab), and Terry Towels (Solapur, Maharashtra); agricultural products such as Naga Mircha (Kohima, Nagaland), Kandhamal Haldi (Kandhamal, Odisha) and Vazhakulam Pineapple (Ernakulam, Kerala); processed and industrial products such as Itar (Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh), LED Lights (Chitradurga, Karnataka), Pharmaceuticals (Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh); among many others. India is working towards realizing this dream of New India for all her 739 districts.
Andhra Pradesh One District One Product New List
Here is the new list of ODOP Scheme-
- Medicinal properties and uses
- Amla is an important crop in Ayurveda
- The richest source of Vitamin C in fruits (700 mg per 100 grams of fruit)
- Using Amla (Product)
- ChyawanprashTriphala Churna
- Honey Powder
- Medicinal properties:
- Anti-scorbic, diuretic, laxative, antibiotic and anti-dysenteric.
- Good Liver Tonic
Sub-Schemes Under ODOP
The list of sub-schemes under the ODOP Scheme is given right here-
- Common Facility Centre Scheme
- Marketing Development Assistance Scheme
- Finance Assistance Scheme (Margin Money Scheme)
- Skill Development Scheme
One District One Product Scheme Benefits
The benefits of the ODOP Scheme are right here:-
- This scheme has been launched by the government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Preservation and development of local crafts / skills and promotion of the art.
- Increase in the incomes and local employment (resulting in decline in migration for employment).
- One District One Product Scheme will bring Improvement in product quality and skill development
- Transforming the products in an artistic way (through packaging, branding).
- To connect the production with tourism (Live demo and sales outlet – gifts and souvenir).
- Resolve the issues of economic difference and regional imbalance.
- To take the concept of ODOP to national and international level after successful implementation at State level.
- The ODOP Scheme is really very helpful in the development of our country.
- Support for agricultural products would be for their processing along with efforts to reduce wastage, proper assaying, and storage and marketing
- Support for common infrastructure and marketing & branding would only be for ODOP products.
- The Department of Commerce is focusing on agriculture crops on a cluster approach for support for exports under the Agriculture Export Policy, and the Ministry of Agriculture is also focusing
One District One Product Scheme Features
The features of the scheme are right here:-
- More than 9,000 small entrepreneurs registered during this period, out of which 2,500 started working with government help.
- This Scheme has been launched by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi
- One District One Product Scheme has been launched by the Prime Minister under the National Livelihood Mission.
- The full form of the ODOP scheme is One District One Product
- This Scheme is launch for the welfare of the Andhra Pradesh
- With the help of this scheme our country will become developed
- Besides, the government is lending financial and logistical support such as common facility centres for scaling up the manufacturing of the selected products.
- The products will be ultimately consider for geo-tagging which can give them a distinct advantage over other products in the global markets.
- The range of the chosen products varies across the length and breadth of the country
- In case of capital investment by groups, predominantly those involved in ODOP products would be supported.
- New units, whether for individuals or groups, would only be supported for ODOP products.
- ODOP Scheme will provide the framework for value chain development and alignment of support infrastructure.
One District One Product Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The interested applicants who want to apply under this scheme should complete the eligibility criteria:-
- The applicant must be a citizen of Andhra Pradesh
- The applicant must have all the required documents
- An applicant should meet all the requirements to apply this scheme.
- The applicant must visit the official website and can easily apply online
- Be above 18 years of age
- Involve in producing the products listed district wise
- Available only for one member of the family.
To apply under this scheme the applicant should have the document:-
- Aadhar card.
- Income certificate.
- Domicile Certificate
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Detailed report of the project
- ID proofs such as PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Proof of residence etc.
- Details and documents of the company
- Proof of Business
- Ownership documents
- Memorandum and articles of association of the Company/Partnership Deed of partners etc.
- Assets and liabilities statement of promoters and guarantors along with latest income tax returns.
Process To Apply Under One District One Product Scheme 2023
The application procedure for applying under this scheme is right here:-
- First, visit the Official Website of the government of Andhra Pradesh.
- The home page will appear in front of you.
- On the homepage, look under the section of PMFME Scheme
- Now click on the One District One Product Scheme option.
- A new web page will appear in front of you.
- Here you have to click on the Apply Online option.
- The application form will appear in front of you.
- Here you have to enter each detail
- After entering the details click on the Submit option.
- Through this you can easily apply under this scheme.
The helpline number under this scheme is as follows:-
- Helpline Number- 1800-1800-888