J&K Land for Landless Scheme:- There is good news for the people of J&K as the government has given approval to a proposal for the allocation of 5 marlas of land to each landless family. With the help of this landless family can do the construction of homes. This initiative will benefit the beneficiaries of Prime Minister Awas Yojna (PMAY). After this approval, the third phase of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will be implemented and beneficiaries will be able to apply for the J&K Land for Landless Scheme. This decision will be the new beginning for many landless families.
Table of Contents
J&K Land for Landless Scheme 2023
The government of Jammu and Kashmir decided to give 5 Marla land to the people who didn’t have their own houses. After receiving help from the government residents can construct houses to live in. As per the order, if the individual doesn’t have land in his name or in the name of his family members then he can be under landless people. It should also be kept in mind that the individual should not be getting five marla or more of land from his ancestors. As per the terms of the Jammu and Kashmir Land Grants Act of 1960, the land will be given on a lease.
The beneficiaries will be granted land on lease on payment of a token amount of ₹ 100 per marla and it will be a one-time premium. It is also necessary to pay a nominal amount of ₹ 1 per marla each year as ground rent. It has been decided that the lease will be for a period of 40 years, and it can also be extended for a period of another 40 years, depending on the completion of all formalities/rules and regulations. According to the J&K Land for Landless Scheme, if the individual is not able to make a house on the allotted land in two years, then the lease will be canceled.
Jammu & Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme Overview
|Name of Scholarship||J&K Land for Landless Scheme|
|Initiated By||Jammu & Kashmir Government|
|Introduced on||3rd July 2023|
|Beneficiaries||All landless people of Jammu & Kashmir|
|Aim||To Provide 5 Marla land to the people of Jammu & Kashmir|
|Category||Assam Government Scheme|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Landless families||1.83 lakh families|
|Website||Will be soon updated|
J&K Land for Landless Scheme Objective
Jammu and Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme was introduced with the aim of giving homes to everyone. Through this scheme, the Jammu and Kashmir governments decided to give land to landless families.
J&K Land for Landless Scheme Features
- The approval is given by the UT administration for an allocation of five Marla of state land on a lease basis.
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G) beneficiaries will be getting the 5 marla free land.
- According to the survey conducted, it was found that around 1.83 lakh families don’t have their own houses.
J&K Land for Landless Scheme Benefits
- The dream of many landless people to have their own house will be fulfilled.
- The scheme will also help and support people whose houses were completely destroyed at the time of the terrorist attack.
- Through this scheme, the landless households in J&K will get respect in society.
- With the help of the J&K Land for Landless Scheme, it is expected that the remaining backlog will be removed by 2024.
- The plan will open gates for many new sources of income for the people.
- Everyone who lives in the state is allowed for the scheme.
- People who live on farmland are permitted to take benefits of the scheme.
- Families living in the forest are permitted to apply for the scheme.
- Individual who resides on custodian land can take part in the scheme.
Process of Application for J&K Land for Landless Scheme
J&K Land for Landless Scheme was recently introduced. So, the authorities have not yet revealed the official website and the application procedure. You have to wait for some more time. It is suggested to frequently check the latest updates about the scheme.
Land for Landless Scheme is an initiative taken to provide land to land to each landless family of J&K.
The aim of the Jammu & Kashmir Land for Landless Scheme is to provide 5 Marla land to the landless people of Jammu & Kashmir.