TN Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme:- The Government of Tamil Nadu has come out with a new Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme in order to save the future of the students of classes 1 to 8. Under the scheme, the learning gaps that occurred due to the covid-19 pandemic will be filled by some of the great volunteers. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme 2023 such as objectives eligibility criteria, important documents, benefits, and features. Also, we will share with you all the step-by-step application procedures to apply under the same scheme.
Table of Contents
TN Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme 2023
The respected chief minister of Tamil Nadu has announced a new scheme to provide education at the doorstep of children of School. Under Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme, the various volunteers will enroll themselves the reduce the gap of learning that occurred due to the closure of schools during the pandemic made of covid-19. The Government of Tamil Nadu has launched this scheme as a pilot project basis in around 12 districts. For the successful implementation of this scheme, the government has estimated a budget of Rs. 200 crores.
- Under the scheme, the volunteers will engage with students for one hour every evening from 5pm to 7pm.
- All the students across the state from Government and private schools can attend these classes and can grab the opportunity to enjoy and learn.
- All the volunteers who want to participate under TN Thedi Kalvi Scheme can visit the official website and can enroll themselves.
Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme Details
The details of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name of the scheme||Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Launched on||19th October 2021|
|Beneficiaries||Students of classes 1 to 8|
|Objective||Provide education at their doorstep|
|Districts included||12 districts|
|Timing of classes||5 pm to 7 pm|
|Benefits||To reduce the learning gap|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme Objective
As we all know that the government of India has imposed a lockdown due to the pandemic of covid-19 in the previous year. And this situation occurs in a learning app for the children of classes 1 to 8. In order to cope up with this problem, the Government of Tamil Madu has launched a new scheme known as Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme. Under the scheme, the volunteers will take classes near the student houses after completing their school hours. This scheme has been launched as a pilot project in only 12 districts of the state.
- The volunteers will now engage with students for 1 hour every evening.
- The classes under this scheme will be activity based and will give the opportunity to enjoy and learn.
- The whole syllabus of these classes will be dependent upon the syllabus of the student.
Achievement Of 104% Target
With an aim of filling the education gap among the students, the Government of Tamil Nadu has also set up a target of achieving 100% of the progress report while launching the Illam Thedi Scheme. Around 3,929 no. students in the Vellore District of Tamil Nadu have been able to fill their education gaps. Vellore has achieved 104% of the target.
Illam Thedi Kalvi Achievement Highlights
The achievement highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
- A 100% progress report has been received by the Tamil Nadu state on the working of the Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme.
- Vellore District from Tamil Nadu state has received a 104% target of the progress report.
- Vellore district has covered around 3,929 no. of students for filling education gaps.
- This scheme has been extended to the Chennai and Mudaliarkuppam Districts.
- The salary cost of Rs. 25,00 will be provided to the volunteer for teaching purposes.
- For the safety of children in schools, the government has set up a special committee in each school.
Extension of Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme To Various Districts
With the achievement of the 104% target, the government has made a decision to expand the benefit of this scheme to also the various districts of the Tamil Nadu which includes Chennai and Mudaliarkuppam (Villupuram Distt.). Apart from this, this scheme has been implemented in around 12 districts of TN. There are around 1, 60,798 students enrolled on the Chennai School.
All those volunteers who want to participate in this scheme will need to visit and open the official website for filling out the registration form in short we can say that the volunteers will need to register themselves. After getting selected, they will be hired as a volunteer for teaching the students at the salary cost of Rs. 25,000. Certificates will also be given to them.
Some of the important guidelines issued by the government for the students are as follows: –
- Volunteers hired for teaching the students will have to spend around 6 hours in a week.
- Volunteers will have to participate as per their choice of interest not on the basis of compulsion.
- Tamil Nadu language will be the medium of instruction which will be adopted by the volunteers for teaching them.
- Teaching English Tamil and Mathematics is must.
Vellore Got 104% Achievement Against The Target
As we all know, students have forgotten the basics of their studies due to the pandemic lockdown that occurred in previous years. And in order to fill the education gaps in the life of the students, the Government of Tamil Nadu has launched the Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme. With the help of this scheme, the hundred percent of students of Vellore Tirupathur and Ranipet district are able to fill up the education gaps. Around 104% of the target has been achieved by Vellore. The teachers under this scheme are able to provide education to around 3929 students without any further problems.
CM Launched Illam Thedi Kalvi In Mudaliarkuppam
The respective chief minister M. K. Stalin has launched this scheme in order to promote education at all levels is from school to university in order to fill the cabs that occurred due to covid-19. Recently the chief minister has launched this scheme at Mudaliarkuppam in Villupuram district. With the help of the Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme, the future of the young generation will be brightened up. Now each and every student will have access to education and employment. Under this scheme, the volunteer will engage with students for 1 hour in the evening every day.
Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme Launched in Chennai
The Government of Tamil Nadu has launched this scheme in order to reduce the learning gap of students after the covid-19 in around 12 districts of the state. Following its implementation in 12 districts of the state, the government will soon launch the Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme in Chennai also. Chennai has around 80,374 students in classes 1 to 5th and 80,424 students in classes 7th to 8th. Around 4982 volunteers have applied under this scheme to provide the classes in the evening. The training has been provided to around 60 resource persons for the classes in Chennai.
Establishment Of Special Committee In Each School For Safety Purpose
As we all know that the respected chief minister MK Stalin has recently launched a new scheme in October in order to reduce the learning gap that occurred due to the pandemic of covid-19. It has been launched as a pilot project in around 12 districts of the state. The officials have also decided to ensure the safety of the children from any sexual harassment issues. For this purpose, the official will establish a safety advisory committee in each school under the Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme. This committee will monitor the coordinators who are going to take the classes under this scheme after school hours.
- The members of the committee will visit the classes under this scheme on a regular basis to interact directly with the students.
- Also they will create awareness among the children and also will try to gain the confidence of the parents.
Illam Thedi Kalvi is a Pure Dravidian Scheme
As we all know that the respected chief minister M. K. Stalin has recently launched a prestigious scheme in order to compensate for the learning loss caused due to covid-19 pandemic. Recently the school education minister Anvil Mahesh said that this scheme is fully funded by the state government. The chief minister of the state has declared TN Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme as a Pure Dravidian Scheme which has been launched in 12 districts as a pilot project. The main aim of the scheme is to provide opportunities to the student to fill their learning gaps.
Illam Thedi Kalvi Important Points of Registration
There are some important points of volunteer registration under this scheme:-
- The volunteer must be willing to spend at least 6 hour in a week with the kids.
- He or she must have participated voluntarily without compulsion.
- The age of the applicant should be equal to or more than 17 years.
- The candidate must know Tamil to communicate with children.
- The volunteers must teach English Tamil and mathematics.
Learning Gaps Will Be Filled By Volunteers
The Government of Tamil Nadu has launched a new scheme known as the Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme in order to fill up the gaps that occurred due to the closure of schools during the covid-19 pandemic. With the help of this scheme, the volunteer will engage with students every day for only one hour in order to reduce the number of spaces. The students of government, as well as private schools, can attend these classes and they will be able to do the activity-based work. This is quite a great opportunity that the government is providing to the students to enjoy and learn.
- The classes and other schemes will be based upon their syllabus.
- This project has been created in order to impart educational skills among the children who have been messing their classes the lockdown
Salary of the Volunteer in Tamil Nadu
As we all know that the volunteers will have to register themselves to apply under this scheme so that they could fill all the education gaps that happened due to the covid-19. The volunteers are required to fill in all the information by visiting the official website of this scheme in order to register themselves. If they get selected as volunteers, they will be awarded a monthly salary of Rs. 25,000. Also, they will be awarded certificates by the government. They will be able to bear all the expenses with the help salary that they will get under this scheme
Education at the Doorstep to Children
The interested volunteers can apply under this scheme in order to get engaged with the various students from Government and private schools. The education at the doorstep will be provided to the children across the 12 districts of the state. Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme has been implemented to impart education skills among the children who have missed their classes during the lockdown of a covid-19 pandemic. In order to fill up these gaps, the government has allocated the budget of Rs. 200 from this fiscal with the participation of teachers, volunteers, NGOs, and educationist
Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme List Of District Included
It is a pilot-based project which is going to be implemented in only 12 districts of the state. Such districts are as follows:-
Tamil Nadu Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme Implementation
The implementation process under the scheme is as follows:-
- The responsibility of implementation of this scheme is dependent upon the state level committee.
- The District level and block level committee will be informed by the State level committee.
- The volunteers will be set by the school Management committee and they send their names to the district for the selection and approval.
- The school will reopen from 1st November 2021 along with the classes under this scheme.
- This initiative will be run by the School Education Department with the in person learning at the school.
Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme Benefits
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- The government will provide benefits of this scheme to the students of classes 1 to 8.
- With the help of Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme, the volunteers will be able to fill up the learning gap that occurred due to the pandemic of covid-19.
- The government has launched this pilot project in around 12 districts of the state.
- For the successful implementation of this scheme the government has allocated a budget of Rs. 200 crores.
- The selected volunteers under this scheme will engage with the student for only one or to fill up the spaces.
- The children will be able to learn and enjoy from this pilot project and can also implement the feedback
- Classes under the scheme based on their syllabus as it will help them to grow more.
- The government has implemented this project for six months to impact educational skills under the students.
- All the interested volunteers and teachers who want to engage under this scheme will have to apply by visiting the official website.
Tamil Nadu Thedi Kalvi Scheme Features
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- A new scheme has been launched by the government of Tamil Nadu on 19th October 2021.
- The name of this scheme is TN Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme.
- Under this scheme, the volunteers will enroll themselves in order to fill up the gap that occurred due to the closure of school during the pandemic of covid-19.
- This scheme has been implemented by the government in around 12 districts of the state as the pilot project.
- The government has allocated the budget of Rs. 200 crores for the successful implementation of this.
- This budget has been allocated with the participation of teachers, volunteers, NGOs and educationists.
- The volunteers will engage with students for 1 hour every evening that will help them to fill up the spaces.
- The classes will begin after the school hours i.e. from 5pm to 7pm.
- The students from the government as well as private schools will be able to join these classes and will be able to grab an opportunity to enjoy and learn.
- The responsibility of implementation of this scheme will be dependent upon the state level committee.
- All the interested volunteers and teachers who want to enroll themselves under this scheme can apply by visiting the official website.
Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to apply under this scheme is as follows:-
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate must be studying from class 1 to 8.
- The candidates who will enroll themselves as volunteers must be teaching in class 1 to 5.
- Also they should have completed their class 12th education
- The candidates who are teaching class 6 to 8 should have completed their graduation.
The important documents to avail the benefit of the under this scheme are as follows:-
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Offer letter of job
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
Process to Apply Online for Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme
All the interested volunteers who want to enroll themselves under this scheme will have to follow the procedure given below:-
- To apply online, visit the Official Website of Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme.
- The home page will appear in front of you.
- On the homepage, click on the option of Click Here To Start The Volunteer Registration Form.
- The registration form of volunteer will appear on your screen.
- Here you have to enter each and every detail such as Basic Information, Residential Information, Educational and Professional Information and Additional Questions.
- After entering each and every details you have to tick the declaration mark
- Now click on Submit option
- By following this procedure you can easily apply for Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme
Process to Download Program Guidelines
People who want to download program guidelines will have to follow the procedure:-
- To download program guidelines, visit the Official Website of Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme
- You will land on the home page
- On the homepage, click on the Program Guidelines option
- The PDF file will appear in front of you.
- Here you will get the details related to the guidelines.
- Also you can download it by clicking on the download option.
In order to get contact information follow the given procedure:-
- To contact us, visit the Official Website of Illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme.
- The home page will appear in front of you.
- On the homepage, click on the option of Contact Us
- A new web page will appear on your screen.
- Here, you can easily get the contact information of this scheme.