Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana Online Apply | SGAY Application Form PDF | Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana Registration | SGAY Apply
The cherishable chief minister Shri Prem Singh Tamang inaugurated a new scheme in order to provide a well-constructed house to the beneficiaries of the state. It was launched by the government on 8th October 2020 at Manan Kendra, Gangtok with the target to give housing facilities to the poor of the state. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana 2022 such as the objective, eligibility criteria, important documents, and benefits. Also, we will share with you all the step-by-step application procedures to apply under the same scheme.
Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana 2022
It is the flagship programme launched by the government of Sikkim which will provide a housing facility to the poor and improve the quality of life of deserving households. Under Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana, pucca houses will be provided to around 3,050 beneficiaries across the state along with the basic amenities. These houses will be constructed under SGAY. It is a single-store RCC structure that has basic facilities like a living room, two bedrooms, kitchen, toilet, TV, and furniture consisting of one sofa set, one Centre table, two almirahs, two single beds, and one double bed.
- The main aim of launching Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana is to improve the quality of the living standard by providing them basic amenities.
- The government launched this scheme on 8 October 2020 to ensure that every citizen has a roof over their head.
- The government is constructing houses in both rural and urban areas of the state.
Details Of Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
The details of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name of the scheme||Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana (SGAY)|
|Inaugurated by||Chief minister Shri Prem Singh Tamang|
|Launched on||8 October 2020|
|Objective||To provide housing facilities|
|Beneficiaries||Poor residents of the state|
|Estimate cost of house||Rs. 17.51 lakhs|
|Mode of application||Online or Offline|
Objective Of Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
There are many poor residents of the state who due to their weak financial condition are not able to buy their own houses. And due to lack of housing facilities, they face many queries. In order to provide them with the solution, the respected chief minister has launched a new scheme known as Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana. Under this scheme, the houses will be provided to the beneficiaries of the state. The main objective of launching this scheme is to provide them with the basic amenities so that they would be able to live their life without facing any kind of problem.
- It is one of the best schemes which was launched by the Government of Sikkim to improve the quality of life of deserving households.
- The main objective of Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana is to provide the basic amenities to around 3,050 beneficiaries across the state.
Construction Of 3050 Houses For Urban Poor
The respective chief minister PS Tamang is focusing on constructing 3054 houses for the rural poor people present in the state under Sikkim Gareeb Awas Yojana. It is also said that around 3000 thousand have been completed under this scheme. Soma left houses will be built in order to provide housing facilities to the rural poor people of the state. There are around 450594 people in the state who will assess government schemes for the housing facilities. All those poor people who have their own houses will also get the amount for repairing and upgrading their houses.
CM Inaugurates Three Houses Under SGAY
On 10th November 2021 respected Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang inaugurated three houses under Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana under the program organized by the Rural Development Department. During this program principal secretary, Shri C. S Rao presented and said that this program has been initiated to provide housing facilities to the poor and marginal section of the society. With the help of this scheme, people will be able to improve the quality of their life by getting the basic amenities. He also said that around 1463 houses under this scheme are going to be completed soon and are ready to be inaugurated by the end of March 2022.
Pucca Houses To Around 3,050 Beneficiaries Of State
The Chief Minister, accompanied by several other respected ministers, has started a new scheme in order to facilitate housing amenities to the poor residents of the state. Under Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana, the pucca houses will be provided to around 3,050 deserving residents of the state. These houses will comprise the various facilities like a living room, two bedrooms, kitchen, toilet furniture etc. Also, the houses constructed under SGAY will have a single storey RCC structure to provide reliability and durability. The estimated cost of constructing the houses is around Rs. 17.51 lakhs.
- The houses will contain travel facilities with the furniture consisting of 1 sofa set, 1 Centre table, 2 almirah, 2 single beds and 1 double bed.
- SGAY will help in improving the living standard of the residents of the state.
Up-gradation Amount To Around 400 Beneficiaries
The beneficiaries under this scheme will get the house up-gradation amount of Rs. 20,000 to around 400 beneficiaries in each constituency to the only female candidates of the state. This up-gradation amount will help the beneficiaries in decorating their house during the Dussehra festival. Along with, 100 beneficiaries will get CGI sheets. The main aim of this initiative is to bring equality to society. It is one of the best opportunities to make the life of the beneficiaries.
- Under SGAY, the government will also complete the dream of roof over head to each and every beneficiary.
- It has been created in order to bring upliftment in the society.
Phase- I Of Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
The Government of Sikkim state will launch this scheme in the phases mode. The first phase of this scheme has been started and will complete the construction of various houses by March 2020 to and houses will hand over to the beneficiaries. The government has started the construction of the 1st Phase. It will provide benefits to several people as the CM has launched Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana with the vision of providing a roof over the head of each and every beneficiary. After the successful completion of the first phase by March 2022, the government will soon start the second phase.
- The responsibility of implementing SGAY is upon the Rural Development Department.
- As it will provide housing facilities to around 3,050 beneficiaries of the state.
Benefits Of SGAY
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- The benefit of SGAY will be provided to 3,050 beneficiaries of the state.
- It will provide the constructed houses to the beneficiaries along with the amenities.
- The houses which are constructed under SGAY will be of single storey RCC structure.
- These houses contain a living room, 2 bedrooms, kitchen, toilet, furniture, 2 almirah, 2 single beds and 1 double bed.
- These houses are built with an estimated cost of Rs. 17 lakhs that includes furniture and a TV.
- The implementation of this scheme is dependent upon the rural development department.
- The government has launched Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana on the basis of various phases.
- The first phase of this scheme will go throughout the state by March 2022.
- The main objective of launching this scheme is to improve the quality of life of the residents.
- Also the chief minister has provided the upgradation amount of Rs. 20,000 to each and every beneficiary before Dussehra festival.
- This amount has been provided to around 400 beneficiaries for the decoration of their houses.
Features Of Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- A new scheme was launched by the respected Chief Minister Shri Prem Singh Tamang.
- Sikkim Garib Awas Yojana will help in improving the living standard of the deserving households.
- Around 3,050 beneficiaries are covered under this scheme.
- The houses under this scheme will build on the storey RCC structure.
- The beneficiaries will have the basic facilities like living room bedroom kitchen toilet furniture and double bed.
- The main objective of launching this scheme is to improve the quality of living.
- The rural department will launch this scheme into various phases.
- The first phase has been started by the government and will continue till 2022.
- Along with that, a hundred beneficiaries also get CGI sheets to make their lives better.
- SGAY will help in improving the living standard of the society that belongs to the weaker section.
- The chief minister has launched a scheme along with the collaboration of the various department ministers like area MLA Shri. Kunga Bima Lepcha, Cabinet Minister Shri. B. S Panth, Shri Bhim Hang Limbo, MLA Shri GT Dhungel and Shri Em Prasad Sharma.