Free Travel scheme, Travel free in Maharashtra state, MSRTC Free travel scheme, Documents required to travel in free
The central and state government launches many schemes for the old citizens of our country. As we all know that it is very hard to live the life of senior citizens, they are unable to work and face financial crises. Through various schemes and programs, the government always helps senior citizens & try to make their life better. Recently, the government of Maharashtra has launched a MSRTC Free travel scheme for senior citizens whose age is above 70 years in Maharashtra state. In today’s article, we will briefly discuss about the MSRTC Free travel scheme for senior citizens, key highlights of the MSRTC Free travel scheme, its objective, features, benefits, & the procedure to register yourself for the MSRTC Free travel scheme. READ THE FULL ARTICLE CAREFULLY & DO LET US KNOW YOUR QUERY IN THE COMMENT BOX BELOW!
Table of Contents
About MSRTC Free travel scheme
The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) and the Chief Minister of Maharashtra state Eknath Shinde have announced MSRTC Free travel scheme for senior citizens. In this scheme, about 1.5 lakh senior citizens of Maharashtra state will get the benefit of free travel in MSRTC buses. These buses will only travel in Maharashtra state. The citizens whose age is more than 70 years can roam in these buses free of cost. On the occasion of the 75th independence day, the Maharashtra government has taken a step to support Elder citizens.
The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) has more than 16,000 buses and before COVID-19 in march 2020, these buses ferry almost 65 lakh passengers on a daily basis. The MSRTC buses are the most reputed buses in Maharashtra state as they are well-maintained and clean. Due to the good reputation of these buses, the government has collaborated with MSRTC. 200 new air-conditioned electric buses will be added to the route of Mumbai – Pune.
Key Highlights of Free travel in Maharashtra State
|MSRTC Free travel scheme
|Chief Minister of Maharashtra state Shri Eknath Shinde Ji
|Senior citizens of Maharashtra state
|To provide financial assistance to elderly people in the Maharashtra state
|August 15, 2022
|Date of Implementation
|August 25, 2022
Maharashtra Free travel Senior Citizen Scheme Objectives
The main objective of the Maharashtra government to launch Maharashtra’s free bus travel scheme is to help senior citizens by providing financial assistance in traveling. As we all know that, due to inflation and various challenges faced by senior citizens the Maharashtra government has launched Free travel in Maharashtra state for citizens whose age is above 70 years. Through this scheme, the senior residents of Maharashtra state will become self-reliant and self-independent in the case of travel. The buses will roam in Maharashtra state only.
Free Travel For Senior Citizens Features
- The Chief Minister of Maharashtra state Eknath Shinde has announced MSRTC Free travel scheme for senior citizens.
- In this scheme, about 1.5 lakh senior citizens of the Maharashtra state will get the benefit of free travel in MSRTC buses.
- Due to inflation and various challenges faced by senior citizens, the Maharashtra government has launched Free travel in Maharashtra state for citizens whose age is above 70 years.
- The citizens whose age is more than 70 years can roam in these buses free of cost.
- 200 new air-conditioned electric buses will be added to the route of Mumbai – Pune.
- The MSRTC buses are well-equipped and clean.
MSRTC Free Travel Benefits
- Through this scheme, the Maharashtra government will provide financial assistance to the elderly people of Maharashtra state.
- The MSRTC buses are the most reputed buses in Maharashtra state that’s why Maharashtra Government has collaborated with MSRTC to provide the best experience to Senior citizens.
- Now senior citizens can freely roam or travel in Maharashtra state without paying money.
- These buses are well-maintained and clean. Senior citizens will be very comfortable while traveling in these buses.
MSRTC Buses Free Travel Eligibility Criteria
- The senior citizen should be a permanent resident of Maharashtra state.
- The age of senior citizens should be more than 70 years.
If you are a permanent citizen of Maharashtra state and your age is above 70 years then you can take the benefit of the MSRTC free travel scheme. By having written the below documents you can take the benefit of this free travel scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- PAN card
- Voter Id card
- Permanent Resident certificate of Maharashtra state
- Driving License
- Mobile Number
How To Travel Free of Cost in Maharashtra State
- In order to roam free in MSRTC buses, you need to have some important documents such as an Aadhar Card, PAN card, Voter Id card, Permanent Resident certificate of Maharashtra state, and Driving License.
- After showing the above-written documents you are eligible to travel free or at discount on MSRTC buses.
- You can only travel free if you are above the age of 70 years.
- Remember, you can only travel inside the borders of Maharashtra state only.