Assam Darshan Yojana – The tourist development department has launched a new scheme in order to preserve and to give exposure to traditional and cultural places known as Assam Darshan Yojana. This scheme will bring an improvement in these places by providing them basic infrastructure and by strengthening these places. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to Assam Darshan Yojana 2023 such as objective eligibility criteria, important documents, and benefits. To know more about this Assam Darshan, you are guided to read the article carefully.
Table of Contents
Assam Darshan Yojana
A new scheme has been launched by the government of Assam state in order to increase the Heritage and culture of historical and religious importance across the state. Under the scheme, a financial grant will be provided to improve the infrastructures of the religious institution in order to increase its beauty. The main objective of launching Assam Darshan Yojana is to provide the message of the spiritual and cultural identity of the state to foreign tourists. It will also help in providing the basic essential facilities for the visitors. A large amount of financial grant has been allocated to bring sparkle to all the identified religious places of Assam.
- Under Darshan Yojana, all the work should be done with the help of architect design and layout of the original structure of the complex.
- The government has allocated Rs. 10 lakhs under the first phase of this scheme to improve the basic infrastructure around the sides.
- And now on 9 September 2021, the chief minister Sarbanda Sonowal has allocated the budget for the second phase of Rs. 37.7 crores.
Details Of Assam Darshan Yojana
The details of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name of the scheme||Assam Darshan Yojana|
|Launched by||Government of Assam|
|Launched in the year||2019-2020|
|Department||T & D Deptt. of Assam|
|Objective||To improve the basic infrastructure facilities of a religious institution|
|Budget of the first phase||Rs. 100 crores|
|Budget of the second phase||Rs. 37.7 crores|
|Benefits||To increase the natural beauty of religious places|
|Implement agency||T & D Deptt. of Assam|
Objective Of Assam Darshan Yojana
Assam is always known for the beauty and glorious cultural heritage that it offers to the world. But sometimes due to lack of essential facilities, it creates a lot of problems for the visitors. And to overcome this situation, the Government of Assam state has launched a new scheme called Assam Darshan Yojana. This scheme will provide a financial grant in order to improve the basic infrastructure of the religious places that are identified under Assam. The main objective of launching this scheme is to prepare a master plan to improve the religious site of the state by keeping in mind the original look.
- Darshan Yojana will help in strengthening and the improving of infrastructure facilities with the help of financial assistance which will be provided by the government.
- With the help of Darshan Yojana, the highest stress should be put on the quality aesthetics and appearance of the new construction of religious institutes.
- The other main objective of launching this scheme is to provide the basic facilities in order to increase the number of visitors.
Components Of Assam Darshan Scheme
The scheme which has been launched by the tourist development department of the state is divided into four components. Such components are as follows:-
- Annuity Grant To Devalayas:- The annual grant will be provided to Devalayas in order to improve their day-to-day conditions.
- Improving Key Infrastructure In Religious Places:- the other main important component of this scheme is to improve the key structures in religious places such as construction of parks, museums, garbage disposal mechanism drainage etc. It will help in increasing the beauty of religious institutions.
- Improving Basic Infrastructure In Religious Places:- the basic important component of this scheme is to improve the basic infrastructure facilities like drinking water facilities, public toilet facilities, rest room facilities, setting of CCTV cameras etc. These facilities will increase the number of visitors per day.
First Phase Of Assam Darshan Yojana
To improve the rich diversity of religious places, the Government of Assam state has launched a new scheme known as Assam Darshan Yojana. Under the first phase of this scheme, the government has allocated a budget of Rs. 100 crores in order to improve the basic infrastructure facilities of these religious places. It is the responsibility of the deputy commissioner to make a master plan with the components of Rs. 10 lakhs per place. The main objective of this master plan is to keep the original look of these religious places and improve the beauty of this natural site. The focus was laid on the following work under the first phase of this scheme
- Setting of cctv cameras if required
- Providing better drinking water facilities
- Construction of public toilets and running water.
- Parking places Construction
- Construction of visitor’s restrooms.
Second Phase Of Assam Darshan Yojana
The honorable chief minister Sarbanda Sonowal has launched the second phase of this scheme on 9th September 2021. Also, the finance minister has allocated the budget of Rs. 37.7 crores for the successful implementation of the second phase of Assam Darshan Yojana. Under this phase, the government will cover around 915 religious institutions. With the help of this phase, the basic infrastructure and other essential amenities will be provided to the religious places in order to increase their beauty. The focus was laid on the following work under the second phase of this scheme:-
- Construction of parks and gardens
- Learning centres for related culture
- Internal footpath
- Boundary wall
- Construction of mini museum building
- Establishment of garbage disposal mechanism
The process of implementation of this scheme is as follows:-
- The implementation committee constituted from institutions trust, samiti will work under the supervision of deputy commissioner.
- The committee will be accountable to the district authority for audit and accounts.
- After completing the work, the committee is responsible to be certified by the technical officers of the implementing committee concerned.
- The DC bill constituted the construction committee where the government servant will be the president or member secretary.
- The technical member will nominate from the department and could be the managing committee of the said Institution.
Features Of Assam Darshan Yojana
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- The Government of the asam has launched a new scheme known as Assam Darshan Yojana.
- Under this scheme, the government will provide Financial ground in order to increase the heritage and beauty of the religious places.
- With the help of this scheme, the basic essential facilities will be provided to the people in order to increase the number of visitors.
- The work under Assam Darshan Yojana, will continue with the help of architect designer and the layout of the original structure.
- The Government of the state has allocated the budget of Rs. 100 crores under the first phase of this scheme.
- Recently, the chief minister has allocated the budget for the second phase of around Rs. 37.7 crores.
- The type of work will in one or two working sessions that are within the same financial year.
- The structure will be environmentally friendly in appearance and in matching with existing structure.
- Also the focus has laid to the creation of durable assets.
- The project should be visible in nature.
Benefits Of Assam Darshan Yojana
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- A new scheme has been launched by the government of Assam in the year 2019-20.
- Under Assam Darshan Yojana, the financial grant will be provided to improve the infrastructure facilities of the religious institution.
- It will help in increasing the beauty of the financial institution.
- The objective of launching this scheme is to provide the message of spiritual and cultural identity of the state to the foreign tourist.
- It will also help in providing basic essential facilities for the visitors.
- The large amount of financial brand will be allocated to bring a sparkle to all the religious places.
- The government has allocated the budget of Rs. 10 lakh to improve the basic infrastructure.
- The government has also allocated the budget for the second phase of this scheme.
- The master plan will be prepared to improve the religious sites of the state.
- Assam Darshan Yojana will help in improving the natural diversity of the religious places.
- The main focus will be laid on the original book of the religious places.
Process To Apply Assam Darshan Yojana
All the interested applicants who want to apply under the scheme will have to wait for some time. As the government has not revealed any information related to the application procedure under this scheme. As soon as the government will reveal any of the information related to the application procedure under Assam Darshan Yojana will update you through our article. Until then if you have any queries or questions related to this scheme you can ask in the comment box given below.