Nutritional Allowance Scheme:- The Government of Tamil Nadu has kick-started the national strategic plan for eliminating TB patients in the financial year 2030. The name of this scheme is Rs. 500 PM Nutritional Allowance Scheme. According to the scheme, the patient with TB will get Rs. 500 per month during the treatment irrespective of their caste or status. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to Nutritional Allowance Scheme 2023 such as objective eligibility criteria, important documents, and benefits. Along with that will also share with you all the step-by-step application procedures to apply under the same scheme.
Table of Contents
Nutritional Allowance Scheme 2023
A new scheme has been launched by the Tamilnadu Government in order to provide the financial aid of Rs. 500 to the tuberculosis patient. The main objective of launching this scheme is to eliminate that TB patient till FY 2030. The state government is implementing a revised National tuberculosis control Programme which was started in the year 1997 and implemented in Tamilnadu in 2002. With the help of the Nutritional Allowance Scheme 2023, the patients of TB will be encouraged to trade treatment and come back to their normal and healthy life. Tamilnadu has become the first state to launch this scheme in order to eliminate tuberculosis patients from the state.
- The main objective of launching TN Allowance Scheme is to diagnose and do care for TB cases both in public and private sectors.
- All the patient who are registered will be monitored using the web portal Nikshay
Nutritional Allowance Scheme Details
The details of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name of the scheme||Nutritional Allowance Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Launched on||21st October 2021|
|Objective||To eliminate the TB patient|
|Benefit||TB patients will be able to recover|
|Financial assistance||Rs. 500|
|Total population cover||790 lakhs|
|Mode of application||Online/ Offline|
Nutritional Allowance Scheme Objective
As we all know there are many people who are suffering from tuberculosis. To cope up with this problem and eliminate the patients of tuberculosis in FY 2030, the Government of Tamil Nadu has created a new scheme known as Nutritional Allowance Scheme. Under the Nutritional Allowance Scheme, all patients will be provided with the treatment of their TB disease irrespective of their caste and creeds. The main objective of launching this scheme is to provide the financial aid of Rs. 500 to these people in order to encourage them for further treatment.
- TN Nutritional Allowance Scheme helps them in diagnosing and caring for the TB cases in Public and private sectors.
- All the patients who are registered are being monitored online using the web portal.
Financial Aid Of Rs. 500 Under Nutritional Allowance Scheme
The Government of Tamilnadu has come up with a new initiative known as Nutritional Allowance Scheme. Under this scheme, the government is providing Rs. 500 to all the patients of TB that are present across the state. The main objective of launching this scheme is to eliminate TB patients by the year 2030. This financial assistance will help them in generating the nutrition under them by taking nutritional food. It is also keeping the focus on proper counseling taken into consideration. This scheme will give proper utilization of nutrition support to the TB patient.
Facts Of TB Patients Nutritional Allowance Scheme
The important facts about this scheme are as follows:-
- The Government of Tamil Nadu is noticing around 1.3 like cases of TB every year across the state.
- Out of these cases, 70000 cases are handled in government sectors and the other cases are handled in private sectors.
- There are only around 15000 TB cases which are notified from private sector
- Also the Government of Tamil Nadu is giving Rs. 1000 as pensions to all the farmers living with TB.
- This scheme helps in reducing the mortality rate of people affected with TB.
- 461 TB units are operated in the state by a medical officer.
Nutritional Allowance Scheme Benefits
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- The benefit of the scheme will be provided to the TB patients that are present across the state.
- Under this scheme, all the patients will get Rs. 500 per month during the treatment irrespective of their income and caste.
- Also this patient will get nutritional support per month.
- This amount will directly be transferred into the bank account of the beneficiary through the direct benefit transfer method.
- The main objective of launching the Nutritional Allowance Scheme is to support at least 1.3 lack TB patients across the state.
- The amount under the scheme will be provided in three installments during the treatment.
- The first installment will be given to the beneficiary is at the time of notification of TB
- Second installment at the time of the completion of 2 months of treatment of TB and third installment at the end of the treatment.
- The government has implemented TN Nutritional Allowance Scheme as the pilot project that is going to expand in the entire state.
- The mean objective is that the government will focus on providing the correct diet plan to the patient so that they could recover very soon.
TN Nutritional Allowance Scheme Features
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- A new scheme was launched by the government of Tamilnadu on 21st October 2021.
- The name of this scheme is Nutritional Allowance Scheme.
- Under this scheme, the government is providing Rs. 500 to the TB patient present in Tamilnadu.
- It is part of the national strategic plan for TB elimination till FY 2030.
- All the patients will get this financial assistance during the treatment irrespective of their income caste and creeds.
- The government will directly transfer this amount into the bank account of patients through a direct benefit transfer method.
- The amount under the scheme will be provided to the beneficiaries in three Installments.
- This nutrition alliance is only for those patients who have been notified in the system and the treatment process is initiated.
- TN Nutritional Allowance Scheme is a revised National tuberculosis control program that has been launched by the government to provide free treatment to TB patients in the government sector.
- The purpose of launching this scheme is to focus on strengthening nutritional counseling components.
Eligibility Criteria Of Nutritional Allowance Scheme
The eligibility criteria under this scheme are as follows:-
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of Tamilnadu.
- They must be a patient of TB from April 2018.
- The candidate must have a working bank account.
Process To Apply Under For TN Nutritional Allowance Scheme
All interested applicants who want to apply under this scheme will have to follow the procedure below:-
- First you have to notify the public or private sector that you are suffering from Tuberculosis.
- The medical staff will do the TB test and wait for the reports.
- If it is found that you are suffering from TB the treatment will get started under this scheme.
- Also the government will provide Rs. 500 to the beneficiaries on getting the proper treatment.
- The financial assistance will directly be transferred into the bank account of the beneficiaries.
Process To Do New Health Facility Registration
In order to do new health facility registration you are requested to read the procedure given below:-
- In order to do new health facility registration visit the Official Website of Nikshay.
- The home page will appear in front of you.
- On the homepage, click on the option of New Health Facility Registration option
- The registration form will appear in front of you.
- You have to enter each and every detail.
- After entering the details click on the continue option.
- Now you have to attach all your documents
- Through this you can easily apply under this scheme
Process To Do Login
People who want to do login will have to follow the procedure:-
- To do login visit the official website or visit the Official Website of Nikshay.
- The home page will appear in front of you.
- On the homepage, click on the option of Login
- The login page will appear in front of you.
- Here you have to enter username and password
- After entering the details click on login option
The contact information under this scheme is as follows:-
- Central TB Division, Ministry of Health and welfare Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi- 110011
- Email ID- email@example.com
- Toll Free Number- 1800-11-6666