New Driving Licence Rules in India, Download RTO New Rules PDF, New Rules Applicable in India, Get your Driving Licence
Driving Licence Rules in India : We know that to drive car it is mandatory to have your personal driving licence. If you do not have your personal driving licence & you are driving car then you can end up paying fine. The Indian government has also changed the driving license rules. After every 5 years, the Indian government make changes in rules according to the needs. So, today in this article we will tell you about New Driving Licence Rules in India, types of driving licence, documents required to apply for driving licence, process or step to get your driving licence.
Table of Contents
New Driving Licence Rules in India
According to the latest rule set up by Indian government, it has become very easy to get your personal driving licence. Previously, to get your driving licence for 2 wheeler or 4 wheeler, you have to visit the Regional Transportation Office (RTO). But according to new rules, there is no need to visit the RT Office or you do not have to pass any driving test to get your driving licence. The Indian government has given recognized driving learning centers to issue Driving licence to eligible candidates after completion of their driving training. This is a huge relief as people have to wait in long queue outside the Regional Transportation Office.
The government will set up more driving learning centers in all the cities so that people do not have to travel much to get their driver training and Driving licence. The state transport authority and central government will give recognition/licence to driving schools after properly verifying their documents. All these centers or driving schools will be valid for only 5 years, after that they have to renew their licence.
One more important new rule that is use of mobile phone to navigate while driving the 2 wheeler or 4 wheeler. Many drivers are depend upon GPS Location of their customers. So, the Indian government has legally allowed the use of mobile phone to navigate only. However, use of your mobile other than the navigation is an punishable offense. You can also show your digital driving licence if you have not kept your physical licence while traveling.
Benefits of New Rules
- The major benefit of the new driving licence rule is that from now onwards, there is no need to give any driving test.
- Because of new rules, there will be an encouragement in private sector as we do not have to go to government office to get our Driving licence. We can get our Driving licence in private driving schools.
- The new rules are easy as well as time saving as there is no need to stand in long queue of the RTO.
Types of Driving Licence
Personal Vehicles Driving License Type
- MC 50CC: Bike with 55cc engine or less capacity
- MC EX50CC: Vehicle with gear and 50CC or more capacity: Car and Bike.
- MCWOG / FVG: Bike with any engine capacity but without gears: Scooter or Moped
- M / CYCL.WG: All Bike with and without gear
- LMV-NT: Vehicle for transport use
Commercial Vehicle Driving License Type
- HMV: Heavy Motor Vehicles
- HGMV: Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle
- MGV: Medium Goods Vehicle
- Trailer: Heavy Trailer License
- LMV: Bike, Van, Jeep, and Taxi
- HPMV / HTV: Heavy Transport motor vehicle or Heavy Transport Vehicle
Fees for Driving Licence
|Types of Driving licence
|Fees (in rupees)
|Learner licence renewal
|Permanent licence renewal
|Issue & renewal of licence for driving schools
Documents Required To Get Your Personal Driving licence
- Birth Certificate
- Passport size Photograph
- PAN Card
- 10th Class Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate with your date of birth printed on it.
Procedure To Apply For Driving licence in India
- Firstly, you have to visit the Official Website of Parivahan.
- Then on homepage, click on ‘Online Service Tab’ & select ‘Driving Licence Related Services’.
- Now, on next page select the state from which you are applying.
- Then click on ‘Apply for Driving licence’ option.
- An application form will appear. Fill all the required details such as name, mobile number, father’s name, address etc.
- Upload the necessary documents
- Pay the application fees.
- You have succesfully applied for Driving licence. In few days you will receive your driving licence at your address through the post.