SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme Online Apply | Jammu and Kashmir Health Insurance Scheme Registration | J&K SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme Application Form | PMJAY SEHAT Eligibility |
As we all know that the beneficiaries of Jammu and Kashmir have not covered in Ayushman Bharat Yojana which has been launched by the respective Prime Minister. And to provide Healthcare facilities to the people of Jammu Kashmir, The honorable prime minister has launched a new scheme known as SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme 2023 such as the objective, eligibility criteria, important documents, and application procedure. To grab every detail you are requested to read our article carefully.
SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme
A new Healthcare scheme has launched by the Prime Minister of India in order to provide health care facilities to the people of Jammu and Kashmir. Before the launching of this scheme around 6 lakhs families were cover under Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The government will now add around 21 lakh families of Jammu and Kashmir under SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme. This scheme is linked with Jan Arogya Yojana. Each and every citizen of Jammu and Kashmir will be covered under this scheme despite their status. They will also get health insurance of up to 5 lakhs Rupees.
- The government is covering around 229 government hospitals under the J&K SEHAT Insurance Scheme.
- Also 35 private hospitals will provide the benefit under this scheme to the people of the state.
- Now the leftover people of Jammu Kashmir will be able to grab the benefit of the country’s largest Health Insurance Scheme.
SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme Details
The details of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name of the scheme||SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme|
|Launched by||Respected Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir|
|Objective||To provide Health Insurance of Rs 5 lakhs|
|Benefits||People of Jammu Kashmir will be able to avail the benefit of Health Insurance|
|Number of beneficiaries||1 crore|
|Health insurance cover||Rs. 5 lakhs|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme Objective
The respective Prime Minister Narendra Modi has not launched Ayushman Bharat Yojana in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. So the people of Jammu and Kashmir were not able to take the benefit of health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs. In order to provide health insurance to the beneficiaries of Jammu and Kashmir, the government has launched SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme in the year 2021. The main objective of launching the scheme is to provide Health Care facilities to the leftover residents of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The residents of Jammu and Kashmir will now be able to take the treatment of up to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- They will be able to take the treatment without worrying about any financial hurdles under SEHAT Health Scheme.
AB-SEHAT Registration Campaign Launched
The district administration of Srinagar has launched a campaign for a whole month across the city on 3rd December 2021. Under this campaign, the deputy commissioner will provide SEHAT Golden Cards to all the left out the population of the state. The first day of the camp was held in different tehsils. The main objective of launching this campaign is to speed up the registration process for Ayushman Bharat- SEHAT Scheme. With the help of this campaign, the left of the population of the district will be mobilized and they will be entitled to get the benefit of the Health Scheme without any delay. The list of different tehsils of the districts are as follows:-
- Tehsil Office
- Government Higher Secondary School Channapora
- Health Centre
- Kashmir University Campus
- Government Boy Higher Secondary
- Sekidafar Safa Kadal Indoor Stadium
- Polo-View and Tehsil Office
376693 People Registered Under PM-JAY SEHAT
In-depth discussions were held on the current status and achievements with respect to the implementation of PM-JAY SEHAT in the Srinagar district. During the meeting, the modalities for expediting registration under the scheme were discussed in detail, and instructions were issued to all concerned to achieve the target of registration of beneficiaries under the scheme in their respective areas. DC was informed that so far 376693 people have registered under the Ayushman Bharat scheme in the Srinagar district. There are about 1.10 lakh families of this state out of which at least one member is registered under this scheme.
2.44 Lakh People Get Free Treatment In J&K
The officials of the Jammu and Kashmir Government have informed that over 2.44 lakh patients in Jammu and Kashmir state have received free treatment under SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme. Around 51 lakhs of health cards till now have been distributed in Jammu and Kashmir since its implementation 10 months ago. The cost which has been incurred by the government for the treatment of more than 2.44 lakhs beneficiaries is Rs. 200 crores in terms of cost of treatment. About 90% of the household of J & K has been covered under this scheme.
SEHAT Health Scheme Launched
On 26 December 2020, the respective Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched SEHAT Health Scheme through video conferencing with the governor Mr. Manoj Sinha of Jammu and Kashmir. At this special moment, the home minister Amit Shah and other dignitaries were present. The Prime Minister had made an announcement to launch PMJAY SEHAT in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Also, he has directly connected with the beneficiaries. The smart health card will give to the beneficiaries to avail the benefit of this scheme.
Health Care Centers In Jammu & Kashmir
The government will develop the Health Care centers which are present in the state of Jammu and Kashmir so that the people of the state don’t require to go to the other cities for their treatment. The people of the state will be able to get the treatment of Rs. 5 lakhs through these Health Care centers. All those people who will get register themselves under this scheme will get the e-cards. Also, the government will open 1100 health and wellness centers, 800 centers will be started soon.
SEHAT Health Insurance Card
The health card will be distributed to the beneficiaries of the state. They will show these health cards in hospitals in order to avail the benefit of this scheme. On the basis of these cards, they will be able to avail the benefit of Healthcare insurance. All eligible beneficiaries can apply under this scheme through common service center operators.
J&K SEHAT Health Scheme Implementation
The implementation process under this scheme is as follows:-
- The committee will be constituted by the central government.
- They will prepare the database of the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Most people will be covered who was missing from the socio economic caste census 2021
- Around 1 crore beneficiaries of Jammu and Kashmir will be covered under this scheme.
- Jammu and Kashmir SEHAT Health Yojana has been implemented by the abrogation of article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir.
Ayushman Bharat SEHAT Yojana Benefits
Some of the basic benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- The respective Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched this scheme on 26 December 2020.
- The main aim of launching the SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme is to provide health insurance coverage of up to Rs. 5 lakhs to the beneficiaries of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The citizens of this state will get the health insurance card
- They can avail of the treatment by showing these cards in the hospital.
- All the beneficiaries who want to apply under the scheme will have to visit the common service centre operators.
- The main objective of launching the Ayushman Bharat SEHAT Yojana is to provide health insurance coverage to the beneficiaries who are not covered by Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- The responsibility of the smooth implementation of this scheme is dependent upon the central government.
- Around 1 crore beneficiaries of Jammu and Kashmir were covered under the scheme.
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to the leftover beneficiaries of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir will be able to get the treatment without thinking about any financial hurdle.
SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme Features
The basic features of this scheme are as follows:-
- A new scheme has been created by the respected Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 26 December 2021.
- The name of this scheme is SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme.
- The full form of sehat is social endeavour for health and telemedicine
- The benefit of J&K SEHAT Health Scheme will be provided to the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The criteria for smooth implementation of this scheme is dependent upon the central government.
- Now the people of the state will be able to avail the benefit of the health insurance cover of up to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- All the leftover people of Jammu and Kashmir will be able to grab the benefit of the country’s largest Health Insurance Scheme.
- The government will cover around 229 government hospitals and 35 private hospitals under this scheme.
- Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir will be able to take benefit of Health Care facilities without worrying about any financial hurdles.
- All the interested applicants of Jammu and Kashmir who want to apply under PMJAY SEHAT can apply through common service center operators.
- Around 1 crore beneficiaries can apply under this scheme.
SEHAT Health Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to avail the benefit of this scheme is as follows:-
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to each and every citizen of the state.
The important documents to avail the benefit of the SEHAT Health Scheme are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Residence proof
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Voter ID card
Process To Apply For SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme
All the interested applicants who want to apply under this scheme will have to follow the procedure given below:-
- People will have to visit the registered Hospital under Sehat Health Scheme or they directly have to visit CSC Kendra.
- Now ask for the application form of this scheme.
- Fill the application form by entering each and every information.
- Now you have to attach all your required documents.
- After attaching the document, submitting an application form to CSC Kendra or registered Hospital.
- After verification the health card will be provided to the beneficiaries.
- With the help of this card, people can avail the benefit of SEHAT Health Scheme
People can directly contact on the toll-free number that is given below:-
- Toll free number- 14555